Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my go-round with Comcast. The way it's set up at my apartment complex, there is one cable box, but a few different cable companies in it. Well, I turn on the TV one day, right around the middle of June - no cable! I called up Comcast and they said nothing wrong with the account. They've seen this before, chances are a tech from one of the other cable companies, or maybe one of theirs, accidentally disconnected it. So they say they're going to send a tech out, but get this, not until 6 July! Two weeks later! I called back a few days later just to see if they had had an appt cancellation and had an opening earlier. I was told, yes, tech will be there on 1 July and would not have to be there (Remember this, you'll see why). Well, 1 July comes around, I've been in and out, gets around to 7pm and still no cable. Call up Comcast again, I wasn't on the schedule! Ok, by this time I am talking to a sup, they have an opening on the 3rd. 3rd comes and goes, no cable. Call them that evening. Guess what? I wasn't on the schedule....again. Supervisor again tells me that they'll get some one out on the 4th (which surprised me, honestly) between 10am and noon. Confirm with them again that I didn't need to be there. Well, my parents had come up and we were out running around on the 4th. Got back to my place around 12:30pm, there's a note on my door from the Comcast tech, "Sorry we missed you"! I admit when I called then, I got a little bit testy with the person. They got the tech back that afternoon. The tech was great by the way.

That should have been the end of it right? Guess again! Remember how they said nothing was wrong with the account? Well, on my next bill, I've got 3, that's right 3 reconnection charges....on the 1st....when I didn't have service. Fast forward two more billing cycles and about 6 different bills later and it's finally straightened out!

I would switch to Dish, except my apartment faces the wrong direction and there's no way to get a signal.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I think the variation is due to Comcast acquiring all these smaller cable companies, so there's still a lot of local issues that may have nothing to do directly with Comcast itself, but simply be the local office.

My cable went from Cablevision to AT&T and now Comcast.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
      X