This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time & last time

Went to a "all you can eat" ribs steak house the other night.

Basically, it was the worst experience I've had at a restaurant to date.

First off, it was roughly 30-40 min between servings of the "all you can eat" ribs. Sometimes 50-60 as they often "forgot" the order.

Basically with the ribs, you get a plate of two, then you just keep ordering more when you want more, and your meant to get 2 more on a new plate. This happened for the first hour, people would order, and they would get a new plate with two. As the night wore on, people would order more and only get one plate to share instead of getting the TWO plates that they asked for.

They would basically ignore you when you said "excuse me" or "can I take another order" when they were AT YOUR TABLE and putting down/picking up plates. At first I thought it was just that I was too quiet or something and they didn't hear me, but when it kept happening and I had to say it 2-3 times before I got noticed, or I was having to GET UP and walk over to someone to get my order taken I realised it was not me. I honestly don't mind having to get up and flag a person down, but when that person was at your table and you have to get up and bring them back. I think thats wrong. If it was because they had to rush off to another table ok. But I often saw our weighter standing around talking at he register.

This was happening to several people. They would put their hands up to flag down a weighter as they passed, and they would ignore them and pretend they didn't see them.

I went outside for a bit of a stretch and saw 7 weighter's outside having a smoke (including my weighter) while the place was PACKED, and there were only 2 people serving, and one cook. I felt sorry for the people who had been left on the floor, because I'm sure they copped the flack for the lazy people outside.

I had HAIR in my food. I asked for no whipped cream, and when I got my order it was SMOTHERED in whipped cream. I mean smothered, you couldn't see the waffles underneath. Same thing happened to my friend.

Basically, I didn't kick up a fuss, raise my voice, or tell anyone off. Nor did I demand free things or refunds. I basically thought the best plan of action is to just not go back. I refuse to be a sucky customer, no matter how bad the service, specially when it comes to food. I would rather just eat, get out and not come back, than risk my food being tampered with by an annoyed weighter/cook. (not saying it would happen, but when it comes to food, I air on the side of caution)

I probably should have spoken up when I saw the hair in my food (nice long black hair YUK) but yeah, I was a tad too quiet I think with that. But yeah.
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

I'd call and tell the manager what's what.

Comment

What a cheap restaurant. They want to draw in lots of customers with the promise of all-you-can-eat ribs, and then they purposefully slow down the service so that no one can actually get a decent portion.

And its bad business in the long run. They'll have a lot of one-time customers, but most won't go back. After they've suckered every rib-eater in the area, that'll be it.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I went to a place last week that advertised a quick lunch special. One of those in and out in 30 minute kind of deals. My coworker and I sat down and the waitstaff was apparently too busy with other tables to see us. We left, after not talking to anyone but the door greeter for 15 minutes. No drink orders were taken, no "one moment" or anything. It's a safe bet we won't return there. We kept walking down the street to a different place that was nearly empty and the food was "OMG Why didn't I get here sooner?" type of good.
        Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

It's not sucky to bring the situation to a manager's attention in a nice way.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

i would talk to the manager, and from there i may have been sucky ( i have temper. sorry) i hope to god you didnt tip the jerk (i notmally would say that but come on!!! he deserved the no tip)

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
              Oh, and not to nit pick, but since I advised to write a letter and if you take my advice, you may use it several times... the spelling is "waiter."
              thanx I put the post through a spell checker and weighter didn't get picked up so I assumed (I know never assume) that it was correct. meh thank you

One of the people I was with that night left a message on the website about what happened that night. so far they have only bad reviews, the management has changed hands recently and it looks like the quality of the place has gone down hill since. The food wasn't great quality anyways so I don't think I'll go back regardless.

I don't think there was a manager there that night, if there had been I don't think the staff would have been outside smoking on a busy night.
              Last edited by Binky; 09-05-2007, 11:53 PM.
              I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                It's not sucky to bring the situation to a manager's attention in a nice way.
                Or even in a not-so-nice way.

I'm not talking about biting the manager's head off, but being obviously irritated wouldn't be out of line. There's a difference between Sucky and a justifiable reaction to provocation.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Bit of back ground, there are only 2 truck stops around Baltimore, and one of them charges for parking. Both have lousy service. That night both were pretty well full.
                  My ex-boyfriend and I had stopped at a the one that doesn't charge one night, and we decided to get dinner. (It was about 2:00a.m.) We walked in (seat yourself), picked a booth right next to the door the waitresses used to go to the kitchen. We sat for 45 min, and all the 1 waitress working did was look at us. Finally she came and took our order and got us our drinks. 45 min later our chef salads come out, and were obviuosly were made from the salad bar that had sat all day until it was pulled for the night. Lettuce, eggs, you name it, frozen solid.

If I'm really annoyed with service, I'll leave a couple of pennies for a tip. I figure that if I don't leave one, they think I forgot, if I leave an insultingly low tip..... She got 1 penny. And if I'd had a set of bolt cutters, she would've gotten half a penny.

Comment

Working...
                  X