This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Careless people

I'm out and about yesterday, taking some of my ebay sales to the post office and picking up a few essentials in town.

In the post office, on the counter are leaflets about Madeline McCann (for those of you who don't know she's a little English girl who went missing in Portugal and there has been a huge amount of publicity. Sadly she has not been found).

As I'm walking home, I see a lady with a pushchair stop outside the local corner shop. In the pushchair is a girl of 2 or 3. She opens the door and goes in, leaving the pushchair and child in the middle of the pavement. I go and my mind immediately goes to poor little Madeline. All that publicity and news coverage and people are still leaving children unattended.

I'm a bit further on my journey home and coming down the pavement towards me is another lady with a pushchair. I move to the opposite side of the pavement so I don't block her path. As she continues to approach she moves to the same side of the pavement. I think, she hasn't really seen me, so I start to move to left side again and almost get run down from behind by a woman in a disabled scooter going at a fair clip. She doesn't actually hit me, but she does hit the bag I'm carrying. I'm and too startled to say anything. And she's driving so fast that she's gone before I have a chance to say or do anything. She doesn't even look back.

Two careless, thoughtless, people on a 10 minute walk home!
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Stay away from buses!!!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X