This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Amazon Seller

Recently, I'd purchased a microphone from a seller on Amazon. They charged $8.00 for shipping and the thing arrived in a padded envelope. I kid you not, a PADDED ENVELOPE! I felt that I had not recieved a proper value on the item's shipping, and in my feedback, I let them know that I felt the shipping was excessive, took too long to ship (over a week from time of order), and that in the future, I would think twice before ever purchasing from them again.

Well, apparently, the person who runs the Amazon side of things saw my feedback and got pissy:

Why did you lie in your feedback? Are an ungreatful person? You Recieved item from california within reasonable time., 8.00 covered the processing and handling along with the shipping costs. Are you totally clueless? How about going to a store and buying a padded envelope and see how much that costs? How about your time? How about the physical stamp cost? Shipping and handling is not the same as just shipping cost. How about GO online and buy some tickets,,, there is a 12.00 Processing fee for a piece of paper... just printed out!!!! Maybe you just dont understand the cost of business, but the troubling thing is you dont understand slander and liable statements either. The feedback you left is unjustified since you mentioned negative things about our shipping.
    U didnt pay for expedited shipping, and you actually got better service from what you paid for. Your statements are liable because it is slander ; it directly damages our reputation for something we didnt do wrong. I will give you an opportunity to remove it, or I will have to forward it to amazon claims.
    Why in the world did you not call us? OUR PH # is directly on every package.,
    - By the way, I dont know what difference it makes unless the package was damaged how we shipped it, we actually upgraded your shipping to USPS
    - Generally this item is shipped UPS the item would have been 4days later due to the holiday... UPS does not deliver on sat. and would have been sitting from Friday til today.
    The Expected shipping date was 28th// on amazon, and if we shipped it UPS you would have only TODAY been receiving it.. SO., this my friend is another reason why I have to forward this onto our legal dept if the feedback is not removed, I will give you 48hrs to act before this is out of our hands...
    Very professional, no?

So I removed the feedback, because I wasn't interested in a protracted legal battle, then I responded:

Your feedback was removed...not because you intimidated me, but because I have more important things to worry about than a crybaby seller. Not a single thing I posted was false. The package DID take over a week to arrive. I also stand by my statement that shipping was excessive, especially when it could have been sent via Priority Mail for $5.20 w/delivery confirmation, and you could've gotten a free box, to boot. Your administrative costs are neither my fault nor are they my problem.

as for the feedback being slander, that doesn't apply. Slander is VERBAL. What you wanted to say was LIBEL. I find your threat of legal action laughable, as you can't even get your legal terms straight.

This attempt at bullying only further cements my decision to never buy from you again. You can't even take criticism, and are extremely unprofessional.

P.S. Oh, by the way, both the email you sent me and this email are being forwarded to Amazon. I doubt it will do any good, you being the big, bad, legal threatening seller and all; but unlike you, I don't need to rely on making threats. I just do it.
    I also complained to Amazon about the email I was sent, requested that my feedback be reinstated, and to consider revoking the selling priviledges of this particular seller.

We shall see what comes of it.
    Last edited by dendawg; 09-05-2007, 01:49 PM.

Please keep us in the loop! And please let me know who the seller is. I buy from them a good bit and I want to make sure to avoid them.

Who is in charge of writing their letters? That person needs to be fired.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
      And please let me know who the seller is.
      I'll be happy to PM the seller's name to anyone who asks, but I don't think it's such a good idea to publicly state it. With that said, you have a PM.

Comment

$8 for a microphone in a padded envelope that took one week+1 to get there.... cool...

Btw please tell me it was not a professional microphone, you know the kind that can have it's wind screen or even it's capsule damaged during a trip if not well cared for.

Edit: Just to clarify I was being sarcastic with the "cool" meaning the dude is overcharging
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I know for a fact, padded envelope approx $1.67, I bought one on Friday to overnight a cell phone I found on the T back to it's owner. I wrapped the phone in newspaper, and then extra padded the padded envelope with more crumpled newspaper to make sure it was safe. My corporate account with UPS is in the $5.00 ballpark for overnights, and $2.00 for ground shipping. So yeah, definately got ripped off on the shipping aspect. For the record, UPS will deliver on Saturday, you just have to specify that in the pickup instructions.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I too would love to get that name. I don't shop there excessively, but I shop there enough.

Comment

How is a shipment upgraded from UPS to USPS? I would consider that a downgrade, even though I would prefer it, since USPS is cheaper and you can pay/print the label online for the cost of 1 sheet of paper. That seller is an ass (is saying that liable?)
              I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Everyone on sites like Amazon or eBay seems to think they can charge whatever they heck they want for shipping, just as long as they include "for processing" or some crap. Why they heck do we have to pay for some random shmuck to sit down at their desk to put an item in an envelope? You're no professional, buddy!

How about going to a store and buying a padded envelope and see how much that costs?

$1.00. Dollar store.

Comment

Moved to Sightings. Involves a sucky company, not a sucky customer.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
                    That seller is an ass (is saying that liable?)
                    Libel, and not if it's true!

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                      as for the feedback being slander, that doesn't apply. Slander is VERBAL. What you wanted to say was LIBEL. I find your threat of legal action laughable, as you can't even get your legal terms straight.
                      Thank you for understanding the difference! Because of all the times I have seen these terms misused (and often abused), I almost wish eBay would host a training session along these lines: "Negative Feedback: When and How to Use It and How to Keep Yourself from Looking Like an Idiot." Not that it would do any good...

And, yes, I do think that shipping charge was a little excessive. When I sell on eBay, I weigh and measure the packaged box before the listing, so all potential bidders can use the shipping calculator to see just how much it will cost. It takes all of five minutes. If I bought the box and/or shipping materials myself, I add in those prices, but most of the time I just reuse boxes that I received stuff in.
                      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                      - IPF

Comment

I too, will like the name of that company. I have been using them lately, and do not want to buy from them
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

UGH! Would someone PLEASE educate this person on the difference between libel and slander!? Geeze!

Comment

The evelopes and stuff to ship in a padded form? hmmm lets see i think i was down at the post office the other day.... um... 50 cents with the 5 dollar priotry processing to get it there in less time. so add the 20 minutes joe jack hade to take out of theire life.... one second... hmmmmmmm if they sent it priority... it would have evened out but they didnt so they lose.

Comment

Wow, seems like someone is bitter. And they obviously do not know how their shipping companies work.

- By the way, I dont know what difference it makes unless the package was damaged how we shipped it, we actually upgraded your shipping to USPS
                              BS - if anything it's a downgrade. UPS would have offered insurance up to 100 dollars without any extra cost. USPS charges you for insurance. Add to that UPS has to deliver at a set time and it's guaranteed. USPS does not guarantee their service except for Priority Mail, and even that can be iffy.

- Generally this item is shipped UPS the item would have been 4days later due to the holiday... UPS does not deliver on sat. and would have been sitting from Friday til today.
                              Again, utter BS. UPS, FedEx and DHL do deliver on Saturday. It's expensive as hell, and if you want to pay for it, they'll deliver. I should know. I shipped a whole bunch of stuff out before Labor Day for some sales reps in another location that they needed for a presentation yesterday. It went Saturday delivery.

FYI - the sellers get a shipping credit on their accounts for items they sell in Amazon marketplace. I received an e-mail from the seller telling me when I'd get the item, and they made the mistake of not deleting the e-mail from Amazon stating how much of a credit the seller gets for the purchase. I think it was something like 2 dollars.

Edited to add: and I don't know what the heck he thought Amazon claims would do for him. It's not as if you were saying you didn't receive the item.
                              Last edited by fma_fanatic; 09-06-2007, 12:15 AM.
                              Random conversation:
                              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X