This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wagamama sighting (some language)

So, me and the boy had a coupon for buy one meals get the other free at wagamama, so we went there for lunch. It was coming to the end of the lunchtime rush, the place was a litle trashed and busy, but we've always had good food and service there.

We were sat next to this utter chav cliche family. Mother looking about 20 years older than she probably was, with one of those grey skins that speaks of too much junk food, stinking of stale cigarettes, her daughter, bad fake tan and too much cheap bleach, her daughters partner, pasty, weedy, vitamin d deficient mouth breather and her granddaughter, who was screaming and throwing food all ove the place. They weren't even saying to the little girl not to do that, just grinning inanely at her.

They were just finishing up when we got there, and the Older woman was muttering about wanting their bill. The she said, barely loud enough for me to hear it (one seat away from her) that she wanted the bill. The waitress, at this point, is talking to another customer, abouut four feet away.

So then the mother starts her muttering
    'Oh she's fucking deaf she is, she shouldn't be working here, I want to pay, don't they want me to pay', so on, ad nauseum.
    She finally gets enough sense to actually goup to the now (free) waitress and snappily inform her they want her bill.

Soon enough, they're out of our hair, leaving nothing left of their presence except a ton of miss, no tip and a lingering odour of stale cigarette smoke.

Now, we had a few problems with our order (two of the things I wanted were out) but they were lovely about it, gave us free green tea and told us about other coupons we could get. SO as well as a tip as good as we could afford, I also left the staff there the web address for here.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Check out the second picture, "Chav Navitivity:"

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/08/27/...rnaby-barford/
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      Check out the second picture, "Chav Navitivity:"
      i suppose i would find that funnier if i were british, huh?
      Last edited by Ree; 09-07-2007, 02:05 AM.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

yep. For us brits, it was hysterical. For more of an understanding about what we're talking about...
        Chav is something that in the UK is similar to 'trailer trash'. It is almost exclusively working class, though not all working class are chavs (hi!) nearly all chavs are working class. They spend most of their time on benefits. They rarely, if ever, work.
        www.chavscum.com
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I noticed that Mom and Pops are blonde, but baby chav has black hair. Amusing
          Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Oddly enough, I have seen nativities where Mary was blond. Who's bright idea was that? O.o
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
            X