This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another comedian at the Food Kitty!

I was behind this guy in line today and when the girl says "Hi, how are you?" this "jokester" says: "Do you really want to know?"

Sure, it was nice of him to try and be funny, but....I guess I'm just a bit jaded and cynical. I've heard it all and that guy wasn't being original IMO. -Giggle Goose, who is coming to the sad and stunning realization that she's approaching her SEVENTH year in this CS industry and she hasn't even graduated college
    Last edited by Giggle Goose; 09-06-2007, 08:45 PM. Reason: I'm in such a bad mood I forgot my grammar
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

The proper response is, "Hell, no. My boss requires me to ask or I get written up and I really need this job. I don't want to know anything more than paper or plastic and how you're going to pay for all this crap."

Of course, that's not company policy.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

We get those "comedians" at my Kitty too . . .

One guy, in particular, always has to ask me "Do you work here?"

Even though I've been at that location now for 9 going on 10 months and I've seen him countless times.

Now when I see him come into the store, I either disappear onto another aisle to straighten sections/stock or take a quick smoke break in the back so there's no chance I'll have to hear that.

It's either that or I shoot my mouth off and give him what for - in which case I'd lose my job, and I have bills to pay.

So it's basically the lesser of the two evils to go in another direction away from this lamebrain.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X