This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETA passing out pamphlets

Just got done going to my physics teacher for help with out homework. Decided since I'm up so ridiculously early (yes, 10am is ridiculously early) I might as well grab some breakfast. Nothing like a good bacon, egg, & cheese sandwich on a bagel.

Met one of my friends on the way and on the way in, some guy was passing out pamphlets. Nothing out of the norm. I take one on the way in, fully intending to trash it when I get inside. I look at it and it's about animal cruelty and food. DAMN YOU PETA!

Got into the cafeteria, ordered my sandwich, and noticed that a bunch of the pamphlets were placed around the room. Picked them all up and trashed them.

Started heading back toward my dorm so I had to pass the guy again. He tried to hand me another pamphlet so I said to him, "But I love steak! And ham! And bacon! And chicken!" The look of horror on the guy's face was priceless.

Normally, I wouldn't do something like that, but when you start trying to mess with the school's food business, that's messed up.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Quoth Greenday View Post
    "But I love steak! And ham! And bacon! And chicken!"
    "And chicken feet! And veal! And monkey brains!"*

*No, I don't eat any of the items I listed. They're just gross.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

And don't forget Cow Livers!!! Actually, my mom's mom used to eat Liver & Onions - it wa sone of her favorite dishes. Ah well ... I would have said the same thing to the PETA guy Greenday (if I was by myself and not have to worry about my husband pulling me away 'cos he'd be looking like this: ).

Comment

You know, I'm a member of PETA. People Eating Tasty Animals.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
          Normally, I wouldn't do something like that, but when you start trying to mess with the school's food business, that's messed up.
          In public areas, free speech is just that.

Inside a business is private property.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post

Hey!!! So am I!!! Why don't all the people who are part of that PETA all line up on the opposite side of the street from the other PETAs and start recruiting and handing out our pamphlets (like menus and stuff from restaurants and recipes). Let's see how many people each side can recruit. This could be fun! Woohoo!

Comment

Don't forget to distinguish yourselves from the P.e.T.A. people... Their acronym has a lowercase "e".
              hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
              1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
              2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
              3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Dang.......Greenday beat me again!!
                "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                  Heh, me too. XD
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

If we weren't supposed to eat animals, then they wouldn't be made out of meat. Just sayin.'

Comment

Now now everybody...there is a place for all the creatures of the world.

Right next to the mashed potatoes and under the pool of gravy. XD
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm all for animals being treated without cruelty and all that, but I just don't GET the pamphlets. I've never actually SEEN one, but I kinda figure that most people over the age of..say.. 10 (although my daughter knew at 5) know where meat comes from.

Comment

meat is murder...delicious murder.

we've had those people at my place of employment as well, passing out literature on how cruel foie gras is. the ridiculous thing is, we don't even sell foie gras. never have and likely never will.

it always makes me laugh to see them turn tail and run anytime anyone who looks like they even might be management start moving toward them.
                          Last edited by tacohuman; 09-08-2007, 01:51 AM.
                          My Space

Comment

It's better to have them passing out pamplets than plastering stickers on video games. Where some poor schmuck has to remove them as part of his job.

Lunch is half a pound of cow every time they do something stupid like that.

Comment

Just a reminder...we've had problems with PETA threads before.

Remember, from both sides, please.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X