This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky pizza delivery man

Arghhh, I just ordered pizza pre-paying online and then had the pizza delivery man insist it hadn't been pre-paid. He even tried to take my credit card with him. I offered to show him in and let him see the online receipt and my online banking to prove it.

I wouldn't let him take my card and finally he agreed to call me and run the card over the phone at the shop.

He called me and again I explained that it was already payed, he insisted that it wasn't and got my card details to run it again. Then he claimed it was denied!

Finally I got it through his thick skull that it was already paid online and that I was looking at the receipt right now! He didn't apologise at all and claimed that "no-one" told him it was an internet order. For Pete's sake I said it about 5 times when he tried to steal my credit card and offered to show him the receipt.

I am so mad, I even tipped the idiot (cash) and he didn't say one word of apology when it dawned on him .

I wrote in a complaint but I kind of feel bad. I mean everyone makes mistakes but the lack of apology, trying to steal my card and embarrassing me in front of guests makes me pretty darn mad. I've ordered from them online before with no hassels so I don't think their system can be that confusing for the pizza delivery people.

I'm also kind of worried now that that idiot has my card details :S
    Every day at work is the new worst day of my life.

Why should you feel bad? He was a jerk.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

He has your card details?

Ok, so immediately call the credit card company and tell them that you have lost your card. Cut up the old one. The new one will have a different number on it.

Comment

Quoth Special Patrol Group View Post
        Arghhh, I just ordered pizza pre-paying online and then had the pizza delivery man insist it hadn't been pre-paid. He even tried to take my credit card with him. I offered to show him in and let him see the online receipt and my online banking to prove it.

I wouldn't let him take my card and finally he agreed to call me and run the card over the phone at the shop.

He called me and again I explained that it was already payed, he insisted that it wasn't and got my card details to run it again. Then he claimed it was denied!

Finally I got it through his thick skull that it was already paid online and that I was looking at the receipt right now! He didn't apologise at all and claimed that "no-one" told him it was an internet order. For Pete's sake I said it about 5 times when he tried to steal my credit card and offered to show him the receipt.

I am so mad, I even tipped the idiot (cash) and he didn't say one word of apology when it dawned on him .

I wrote in a complaint but I kind of feel bad. I mean everyone makes mistakes but the lack of apology, trying to steal my card and embarrassing me in front of guests makes me pretty darn mad. I've ordered from them online before with no hassels so I don't think their system can be that confusing for the pizza delivery people.

I'm also kind of worried now that that idiot has my card details :S
        get a new card ASAP NOW NOW NOW I do NOT think this was a normal delivery mistake

As a delivery driver I can definetly say this was not normal

first of all; THE JERK SHOULD HAVE NEVER tried to take you card with him never5 never NEVER. I would ASAP report this driver to the manager of the store. what he should have done was to call the store and report this fact NOT try and "appropreiate " your card

second OK things happen with internet ordering. my Hut has this problem occasionally. sometimes the CC is not put thru on the website and the order is not charged to a CC. that is one of the reason WE ALL CARRY CELL PHONES.

third YOU SHOULD HAVE NOT tipped the guy mainly because he was rude and ignorant. you should not feel bad about filing a complaint against this guy. these type of drivers give us good drivers a bad rep

Fourth and Finally it was only HIS word that the card was declined.

check your card details daily or even hourly until you get a new card and yes get a new card
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Thanks guys. I cancelled my card. Sometimes it's hard to know when your being paranoid or not.

Plus side is that I'm totally off pizza and home delivery now, which should be good for the waistline!
          Every day at work is the new worst day of my life.

Comment

Working...
          X