X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, something's missing

Not sucky, but I thought it was still worth mentioning

I ordered pizza yesterday, after spending 10 minutes on hold. Given a delivery window of 30-45 minutes. So at the 25 minute mark I head down to the lobby (as I forgot to ask him to call before he got there), and wait. And wait and wait and wait until the 45 minute mark is just about to pass. Guy shows up with pizza finally, comes in, stands in the little space between the two sets of doors, I try to wave at the guy, but he's too distracted asking the girls standing there if they ordered the pizza. I get him to come in and tell him it's my pizza. He goes over to the little table and gets out the recipt I need to sign. I don't have a pen, he doesn't have a pen. He runs over to the front desk to borrow a pen. Brings it back, gets me to sign (I give him a decent tip too, as I know it's fairly busy, and with times like that, he can't be getting stellar tips), hands me my copy, runs the pen back to the front desk, and goes to leave.

Now. Does anyone else see the missing step?

I'll give you a few seconds... *hums jeopardy theme*

That's right! He forgot to give me my pizza! :facepalm:
    "Hey! Can I have my pizza?" He was pretty apologetic, and it was all I could do to keep from laughing at the poor soul.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

:snort:

There has to be a better way. Pizza first, then money? Money first, then pizza? Too many ways for one person to screw the other. Hmmmmmmm.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I didn't figure it out until you told me.
      I'd expect the delivery of pizza to be a given.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
      X