This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cousin sucks

A few years ago, my mom and I went on vacation with a couple of our cousins. One was really nice and sweet, the other one, C, just drove me up the wall. She bugged me and nagged me the whole time, and once told me I couldn't go into a store with her and my mom when they needed to buy a camera memory card (seriously, what the hell? I was 21 at the time). I went in just to spite her, and my mom tried to undermine her whenever she tried to control me. That's not what makes her an SC though. We went to Boston, and had a blast despite her. We stayed at a really nice hotel with a full breakfast buffet. They had glasses for juice, and C pretty much filled her bag with them. "Oh, they expect you to take them." I was so horrified, I didn't want to be there when she got caught, so I went back to the room. She didn't get caught, surprisingly. We went to Cheers, and my cousin tried to talk my mom into having a beer so she could steal the mug. My mom refused of course. Then my cousin goes, "Give me your purse" so my mom hands over her purse, and C sticks some silverware into it. My mom grabs the bag back and goes, "Listen, if you want to steal, that's your issue, but you won't do it with my purse." I wanted to keep my Cheers rootbeer bottle, so of course she's like "Just stick it in your bag". I asked the waitress, who was very nice and said I could have it. See? It's just as easy to ask. She also stole condiments from a patio table, and once when she was driving, she put the car on cruise control and stuck her legs out the window. We managed to have a good vacation in spite of her, but I don't like being put into the situation where you have to decide what you should do when you see a relative stealing. My mom, my other cousin and I talk about going on another trip, and actually joke about inviting C along. Not gonna happen.
    I mean, doesn't she realize people have to pay for these glasses? Or those Cheers beer mugs? You can buy the mugs in the gift shop which pretty much proves to me they are not up for grabs, not that I'd think so anyway. Sorry about the rant, but I just happened to be thinking about it and it occurred to me that C is a Sucky Customer.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

I would have gotten up to go to the restroom and discretely told an employee that she was stealing. Maybe the humiliation of being publicly exposed as a thief would have taught her a lesson.

Comment

Is she always a kleptomaniac, or just when it comes to "souvenirs", silverware and condiments?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We didn't even know about this little "sticky fingers" thing she does, and we haven't really talked to her since. She probably does it everywhere she goes. I think she just does it for souvenirs at restaurants, I don't think she does it at stores.
        To the first poster- I really wish I had done that. It's hard to do the right thing sometimes.
        -Helen Keller

Comment

I'll tell you this much, I wouldn't ever let her drive me anywhere again! I did a lot of highway driving this weekend (10+ hours driving total, at least 8 of it on major roads) and I used my cruise control as much as I could but there were plenty of times I needed to hit the brakes!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I kept thinking of this one time on Home Improvement where Tim swiped a bunch of stuff from the hospital, because her thought it was like a hotel.
            He pulled an IV out of the duffel bag, saline and all!
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Heck, there's this restaurant I got to that has lovely pepsi logo glasses and I ask EVERYTIME if I can have/buy one.

They keep saying no, but I never slipped one in my purse, DAMN!

One day, one day, my preciouusssss....
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                I'll tell you this much, I wouldn't ever let her drive me anywhere again! I did a lot of highway driving this weekend (10+ hours driving total, at least 8 of it on major roads) and I used my cruise control as much as I could but there were plenty of times I needed to hit the brakes!
                Exactly. My mom yelled at her when she pulled that. She was like "If you want to endanger your life you can, but you're not doing it with my daughter and niece in the car!" Go Mom!

I loved that episode of Home Improvement too. I like how everyone in the hospital knows him because he's always having accidents.
                -Helen Keller

Comment

I always get a kick out of those idiots that put their feet out the window or on the dash. With newer cars they're going to have a hard time explaining why the air bag has to be surgically removed from their anus.
                  OP I would stay away from this cousin, she's at the very least an embarresment and worst a thief. I wouldn't want folks to know I was kin to her.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Yes, we learned the real truth about her that week. Luckily she lives in New York, far far away from us.
                    -Helen Keller

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                      I always get a kick out of those idiots that put their feet out the window or on the dash. With newer cars they're going to have a hard time explaining why the air bag has to be surgically removed from their anus.
                      Or worse. We had a neighbor who had her legs up on the dash, and when her husband hit a deer and the airbags went off, it shattered most of the bones in her legs. Took a while in a wheelchair and plenty of PT before she could walk again. Makes me think twice about putting my feet up.

And to MariaMousie1, I feel for you. My cousin and I have been known to sneak little things out of restaurant, like sugar packets or a single utensil, I've never known anyone to walk out with a bag full of glasses. How trashy.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                      X