This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nutty bus lady

I had gone to the mall this morning, and on the first bus I took to get home, the trip was going all hunk-dory until this nutty older lady got on. She looked like a normal grandmother type, but fussed at the driver for being late (which she wasn't), stomped down the aisle in tears, and when she sat down, started fussing at the black guy in a nearby seat (something about "your ancestors killed Jesus").........either this lady had some sort of mental issues going on, or she was just looking to pick a fight with anyone who looked at her.

*chokes on her glass of water* your ancestors killed jesus? I'd have kicked her off the bus if I were the bus driver. My roomie used to tell us stories about the "pirate" on the bus in Milwaukee, but so far in Madison it's been pretty normal. I'd definately say someone wasn't taking their medication, or had never been treated properly in the first place.
    I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose. ~George Carlin.

Comment

Well, my stop came up shortly after this woman got on, so if she did eventually get asked to leave the bus, I missed it. The whole thing was kind of funny, but also a bit scary because she apparently got agitated if someone just looked at her, and it was hard NOT to overhear whatever she was fussing about because she was loud, and sitting right across from me.

Comment

Dementia, most likely.

Comment

Black people killed Jesus?
          More importantly, there were black people in Israel in the 1st century?
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
            No, but to someone who's a loaf of bread, some sandwich meat, a selection of condiments, a blanket, a basket, and some sodas short of a picnic... *gasp*wheeze*... there's probably not much difference between black folk and Middle-Eastern folk. Same reason you had stupid bigots beating Indian people after 9/11.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

It's not THAT far from Africa.....

Comment

Of course, trade between Africa and the Middleeast meant that there were black people there. Islam didn't just magically appear in Africa.
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Once again speaking from my vast experience as a driver (which I've spent so many years trying to repress), let me assure you wholeheartedly that the buses are full of mentally ill people. And no, I didn't mean you.

Seriously, these people get locked up for a bit, get all straightened out with medication, then they get released, because they're doing so well and besides they don't have insurance, and anyway the law says you can't hold them against their will unless they're a danger to themselves or others, and they're not because of the medication *** pauses to breathe *** then they stop taking the nice drugs because they have side effects, or because they can't afford them, or, most likely, because they don't think they need them (because they're NUTS), and then guess what happens? The symptoms come back. It's a sad, sad cycle.

But anyway, these poor people tend not to be all that employable, ya know? So they're on disability and public assistance. Which means they can't afford a car. Which means they ride the bus.

We had regulars who'd disappear for a while, then come back all nice and calm and polite, then gradually get crazier and crazier until they disappeared again. Sad.

We had one lady who was telling me one day that someone had stolen her pen. And people do this because they think it will give them power over all the checks and things she's signed. But, she smirked, little did they know that all she'd been signing lately were bills. And this was one of her more normal days.

Come to think of it, this woman who thought blacks killed Jesus, was she tall, skinny as a rake, and dressed all in red? Sounds just like her.
                  Women can do anything men can.
                  But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                  Maxine

Comment

Working...
                  X