This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miserable at WalGreens?

Does WalGreens suck to work for? I visited two different stores yesterday- one of them twice. Different stores, different people, different shifts- all seemed utter miserable as though the Dementors were waiting in the breakroom for them.

This is what I sent WalGreens. It would have been longer but they really don't give you any room or chance on their site to actually offer opinions:

I visited two WalGreens stores yesterday. If my employees were as miserable as yours I'd be embarassed. Find out what is wrong and fix it- that doesn't mean force them to pretend they're happy. Really DO something about it.
    Please and Thanks.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

I think it's a national thing with Walgreens.

I refuse to shop there for food or other common items not because of employees but because too many old people shop there and one time waiting in line behind old ladies for a half hour was enough for me.

I had to pick up a prescription for after my surgery last year, and that was the last time I ever went to Walgreens. Everyone looks like they absolutely despise their jobs.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I pretty much only go to Walgreens when I need cold or stomach meds and it's late at night when nothing else is open. I've had a number of bad experiences there with really unprofessional employees screwing around rather than working.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Walgreens doesn't suck - unless it's during the holiday season (end of October to end of January). I swear to all that's holy I wanted to take a blow torch to all those damned singing things. And if I heard one more little old lady scream about how her discount wasn't taken off the chocolate she pulled from the bin that was marked 75% off! (and it was, trust me), I was going to stuff the damned thing down their throats.

It wasn't too bad, especially ON the holidays because it seemed that the customers came in waves: on Thanksgiving to pick up stuff like bread, soda, gravy and the like. You know, those last minute things.

Christmas saw people getting last minute gifts - I mean, I realize that a lot of people procrastinate because they're busy. Or they forgot. Or they don't know what to get someone. But this is Walgreens. So you're not going to get high end products and expect to have the people happy.

I recall the day after, a woman came in while I was checking someone out and slammed her bag onto the counter demanding a refund. I heard a crunch when she slammed it down, you know sort of like if you step on a picture frame glass crunch. I let her know she'd have to go to the photo department (refunds were either handled in photo or cosmetics, depending on who was working that night) and that I would page the MOD. She glared at me, telling me that I WOULD give her a refund, and if I didn't, she'd have my job, blah blah blah. I couldn't do refunds as I wasn't authorized to.

She picked up her item, started to walk over, then turned around, slammed her item down again, which resulted in another crunch, wanting to know how long it would take, SHE had things to do. I told her the MOD would be up as soon as he could.

I paged the MOD to call me, because I really felt that she was going to try and claim that the item was broken. I mean how could she not notice that she had broken the item. I told him what was going on, and he said he'd be right up.

I went on ringing customers, put away cigarettes, cleaned up the register area...and in 5 minutes heard the woman screaming at the MOD, saying that they were all against her, how DARE we accuse her of breaking her item. On and on. The woman finally stormed out, stopping to glare at me and say she'd get me fired and stomped out.

The next week, I was offered a temp to perm job at a local advertising agency, so I didn't have to worry about her.

So, no I didn't think it sucked. I think it was just your average run of the mill retail establishment that has it share of SCs. Just like any place else.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I hadn't been to one in awhile and I don't remember the employees seeming so down before.
          They have great deals. When I worked for BBV there was a 24 hour one on my way home and sometimes I'd unwind by perusing their seasonal items (they have great candles and Autumn decor).
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Last night I went to Walgreen's to pick up an alarm clock because my old one called it quits.

I got a great deal--a $20 smart set alarm clock for 9 bucks.

Every time I've been there I haven't noticed the employees being any more down or disgruntled than the employees at any other retail store.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Walgreens does have good deals. I like getting the candy in the big boxes (movie size is what I think they're called), 3 for 3. I especially like the deal when they have Swedish Fish

On the flip side, when my car battery died in the Walgreens parking lot by my house, the manager of the store let me sit in the employee breakroom (he knew I'd worked for them years ago) until AAA showed up. It was the heatwave we had last month and it would have been brutal for me to sit in the car until they showed up. The operator had given me an hour wait time. I had to call at the payphone by the door because my cell phone battery had died - it wasn't a good day for batteries all around.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
              X