This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Sucky as much as incredibly stupid

On my way back home tonight I stopped at the grocery store (the same chain as the one I used to work at) to pick up some stuff. Anyway I struck up a conversation with a woman in line. She was a really nice lady and we chatted for the couple minutes until it was my turn to check out. When the cashier was done, I wished her good night and went on my merry way.

After tossing some gas in the car, and being about 5 minutes away from home I realized that I needed toilet paper, which was my biggest incentive for stopping at the store in the first place. Even though I hate going into the store where I used to work but rather than driving back to the store I had just left (about 10 minutes) I drove to my ex-employers store. As I walked up to the check out, I see the same lady from the last store holding the same Buy one Get one free sale item she ws holding at the other store.

After exchanging hello's again, I asked her if I had just seen her with the same stuff at the last store, to which she affirmed that I, indeed, hadn't gone crazy since last I saw her. Then she lowered her voice to almost a whisper. "These are buy one, get one free and I want to stock up on them while they are cheap, so I'm going to different stores to get them. They have a limit on them." I know I made some kind of face. I pulled the weekly circular out of my back pocket and showed the ad to her, pointing to the part that said Buy one, get one free. Limit 3 free. The expression change on her face was priceless as she went from triumph at thinking she was beating the system, to total embarrassment as she discovered she was a total idiot for not reading the ad completely.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Hope you didn't forget the paper and instead had to wipe with a magazine.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Oh, I got it. Thanks. But what better use could there be for the Walmart weekly ad?
      Last edited by bigjimaz; 09-14-2007, 01:36 AM.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
        Oh, I got it. Thanks. But what better use could there be for the Walmart weekly ad?
        Let's see...

--lining the kitty's litterbox
        --placing it on the ground to keep the MG's oil leak from making a mess on the floor...
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X