This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow or ignorant retail workers

I don't know what the deal is lately, but I've noticed a great deal of retail workers going VERY slowly or just not in very good moods recently.

For example, I went to a clothing store tonight & there were 3 reps working. Anyway, when I was hovering around the dressing rooms, I noticed one of the workers trying NOT to look at me to show that she was a rep. I wasn't sure, so I didn't want to ask her. Anyway, I had to ask the rep at the desk & she had the other woman (who was ignoring me) unlock the door. THEN, when I went to check out, the 3rd rep was goofing off & chatting w/ the customer in front of me & moving SO SLOWLY. Perhaps it just seemed to take longer b/c I was in no mood for incompetence.

Anyway, just wanted to vent. I know that everyone has their "off" days, but why is everyone having them lately? Is it because summer is ending in the northern hemisphere or what??

PJ
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
    Anyway, just wanted to vent. I know that everyone has their "off" days, but why is everyone having them lately? Is it because summer is ending in the northern hemisphere or what??

PJ
    Actually, that's probably as close an explanation as any. Or we could talk about the corporate environment fostered by the manager at that location promoting that kind of behaviour, but honestly, the weather does seem like the best reason for a mass suckfest like that. People start thinking "It's darker sooner, it's colder, it's going to snow soon, etc.", and then it kinda brings them down. Just write off this one experience. If it happens again there, then we'll bring out the heavy psychological analysis.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      the weather does seem like the best reason for a mass suckfest like that. People start thinking "It's darker sooner, it's colder, it's going to snow soon, etc.", and then it kinda brings them down. Just write off this one experience. If it happens again there, then we'll bring out the heavy psychological analysis.
      Actually, I hadn't thought of the weather as a possible reason for the issue, but that would make sense, wouldn't it? Thx for the reply. I'll try to keep things in perspective.

PJ
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

No problem Remember, see Broomjockey for all your bizarre explanation needs, cheap rates for CS members!
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I know I'm not feeling so perky and energetic now thats it's getting darker when I finish work, and I'm stuck inside missing all the remaining sunlight...

Still being proffessional, though.
          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

The problem is that companies treat their employees like shit and then wonder why they can't find good help.
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Hey, I like fall...it means for me

I'm not good with heat and humidity, anyways...they give me migraines.

Today it was 65 degrees at my house and I actually grabbed a jacket before I went out in the afternoon.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

my explanation:

Summer= more sales.
                More sales does not always equal more employees.
                So, after putting in more hours all summer, said employees are tired.
                I get really burnt-out at this time of year, also.
                But that is no excuse for being unprofessional.
                Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  People start thinking "It's darker sooner, it's colder, it's going to snow soon, etc.", and then it kinda brings them down.
                  Funny, having lived in Phoenix, it was always the opposite. "Oh, no, summer's coming, the sun's going to be beating the hell out of me." And when it finally got back down to 90, it was celebration time!

Now that I'm in a cooler environment, I'm wondering how I will react. Oddly, I'm looking forward to it. The leaves are starting to change (pretty!) and I'm hoping to have a white Christmas (my first ever!)
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                  X