Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe there are people still out there like that.......

Oh wait....yes I can...........*has flashbacks to the racial war of 2003-2004 in high school when they had to ban the Confederate flag at school*

Yes, unfortunately, this shit happens all the time. Idiot parents are still teaching their kids that it's ok to be that ignorant and stupid, so then the kids start to be racist, and then their kids, and then their kids....

Especially around here.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
      Either my town is quietly racist, or incredibly un-racist.

Or, alas option 3, its the i wont give you a job because you black but i wont say anything that will get me into trouble variety of racism.

Everywhere has race issues, everywhere has racists, unfortunatly ignorance is far easier to spread than knowledge.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Gotta agree on the beauty of mixed children. My daughter's father is 3/4 Native American, and I'm about as much European descent as you can get. My daughter is only 3, and already looks beautiful. Two of her cousin's on her father's side are models. I make jokes about how she is gonna grow up to be a model and support me in my old age.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          So, yeah, the people snarking about Racial Purity have it backwards. We're not becoming weaker by mixing it up, we're becoming better.
          Well, just look at dogs...it's the purebreds that have all the health problems. Look up any breed and you will find some kind of issue that is common to that breed. When you mix 'em up, they're less likely to display the recessive genes that cause a lot of them because they got a healthier dominant gene from whatever they were mixed with.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 09-23-2007, 12:56 AM.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Speaking of the genetically-linked health problems, I know of one (Cystic Fibrosis) that only affects whites (to my knowledge) and one (Sickle-Cell Anemia) that almost exclusively affects blacks. On the upside, the carriers of CF are immune to cholera (since that's obviously such a huge health concern nowadays) and the carriers of SCA are immune (or at least highly resistant to) malaria, which does come in handy in less-fortunate places such as Africa, where proper medical care is not always available.

Thus, if a white CF carrier married a black SCA carrier, their child would have a 3/4 chance of being resistant/immune to at least one of the two (malaria or cholera) and a 1/4 chance that they would be resistant/immune to both. Of course, there's 1/4 chance they could be resistant/immune to none, but in the USA neither is really a useful immunity anyway.

Sorry for being long-winded and pre-meddy, but I know entirely more about genetics than I ever wanted or will ever be expected to.
            "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Back when I worked at Hardees one of the managers there had married a Sioux (Lakota), she was white, and she was telling me how their son's hair was dark like his Dad's but during the summer his hair would sun bleach blonde. How cool is that?

Some of the prettiest babies I've seen are Sioux or Asian.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I have to agreed that people of mixed races are some of the most beautiful people in the world. Well, this thread got me thinking about some celebrities that are racially mixed. I know Halle Berry and Mariah Carey both have a black fathers and a white mothers. Well, Tiger Woods is a like a mix of everything and is married to a beautiful blonde . I also know that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's father was a black wrestler (Rocky Johnson) and his maternal grandfather was a Somoan wrestler (High Chief Peter Maivia). His wife I'm assuming is Latino becuase her surname is Garcia and they do have a little girl who is just too adorable (well, I hate to think what's going to happen when she is old enough to date ).

Anyway I have met a few people who are mixed race and they are some of the most beautiful people I have met. Well, I also know couple of racially mixed couples who have babies and they some of the most adorable children I have seen. Well, my cousin married a Latino man who was adopted by a white family (they are now separated) and they had baby boy in December. I tell you the little boy is just too cute and center of attention . There is a young married couple across the street, the man is Indian (east) and the lady is white. They have a 18 month old girl who is just also too cute and likes to wave at everyone.

Note: I'm not a wrestling fan so I didn't know too much about The Rock but I did know wrestling is in his blood and he's married with a daughter. So I had to Google him and most of the info on Wikipedia
                Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                My space
                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X