This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawsuit? we're safe now!

Not sure where I'm supposed to put this, but I've been reading the recent petstore threads and it reminded me of something that makes me giggle everytime I pass by our local pet shop.

Our petshop used to be known as "Idéfix Petshop". To the french-impaired, Idéfix is the original name of Dogmatix, Obelix's pet dog.

It's been the Idéfix petshop since I was old enough to remember. A couple of years back, a friend of my mom bought the petshop.

Apparently somebody decided "wait a tick, this can't be legal!" and she got a cease and desist order to change her copyright protected petshop name.

So she changed it to "The Animal Fairy" (her name is Fae. The pun is more obvious in French).

Safe and lawsuit free, right?

It would be if she hadn't stuck the face of DUCHESS FROM DISNEY'S ARISTOCATS SMACK ON THE SIGN!!!!

So far seems I'm the only one who noticed, but I'm not gonna tell Disney, are you?
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

What, it's just a picture of a cute kitty!!

Any resemblance to actual persons (well, felines) or events is purely coincidental.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X