This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart parking lot shenanigans!

I stopped off at Wally World on the way home from class to get some soup for dinner. (It's cloudy, cool, raining. In fact, we've got a flood advisory, right now.) As I'm walking up the aisle, this small, green Trooper-type vehicle comes scooting by me and turns sharply, making me have to stop as otherwise, I would have walked into it. The woman didn't turn sharply enough and had to back a bit to get in the space. Well, this truck coming from the other direction had had it's signal on for the space and was waiting for this woman to go by. That's right folks, she stole the space! As I walked by the truck, they happened to have their window open. So I said to them, loudly, "Well, that was rude!". I said it loud enough for this woman to hear me, but we all know she didn't because she's the most important person in the world! And it's not like there weren't a bunch of space available. That one just happened to be a couple closer to the store. She probably wonders why people call her a bitch.

Honestly, if I see that someone has their signal on for a space, I'm not gonna steal it from them. That's just mean!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

I'd be afraid they might try something funny with my car afterwords if I stole a persons space.

Comment

Damn prick bitch. I never understand the mentality required for such a brazen move. I usually take a space reasonably far from the store just because it's easier.
      I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth gregmaddux17 View Post
        I'd be afraid they might try something funny with my car afterwords if I stole a persons space.
        Wouldn't surprise me either.
        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Yep. Most cars these days have mirrors that fold over if you give them a push. Not many people realize that though, and when they see the mirrors on their car folded in....

And did you know that the "Check Engine" light comes on if the gas cap is loose?
          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy
            Damn prick bitch. I never understand the mentality required for such a brazen move. I usually take a space reasonably far from the store just because it's easier.
            Me too. I also do it for the exercise. Unless the weather is particularly bad or I know I will be carrying something heavy, I try to work in a few extra steps into my day.

Quoth It's me View Post
            And did you know that the "Check Engine" light comes on if the gas cap is loose?
            Yes, I did know that. Because it's happened to me 3 times and it costs me $85 to have the dealer run the diagnostic thingy and reset the computer. The first time it happened the cap was entirely off, just sitting there inside the little door (that was when I learned that it causes the light to come on). The other times I checked it and it seemed fine but it still turned out to be the problem. Now when I get gas I listen for the clicks to make sure they tighten it all the way, and if I don't hear it I will check it myself. (This is one of the few downsides, in my opinion, of NJ's law against pumping your own gas .)
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

On a similar note about the Wal-Mart parking lot, does anyone else find it incredibly rude and annoying when you are leaving, and someone is sitting there right behind you, engine idling, just waiting to get your parking spot?

I like to have whoever is with me get back out of the car, and we start walking towards the store again.

Me: 1

Parking lot jerk: 0

Works every time, I promise.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
              X