This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm sorry, we can't make ice cream." "OK, can I have some icecream then?"

I was just at Maccas today, eating my double cheeseburger meal at a table near the counter, and a family at the table next to me.

A random guy walks up to the counter after finishing his meal, and asks if he can get a softserve cone, the cashier says loud enough to be heard clearly by me and anyone near me, "No, I'm sorry, but we can't do softserve cones, as our ice cream machine's not working"

The guy says thanks anyway, then walks out, however, he wasn't the stupid one. The mother at the table next to me hears this entire exchange, then exclaims "Ooh, that's a good thought, how would you like some ice cream kids?" Her kids answer in the affirmitive, so she waddles up to the counter.

SC: "Excuse me, can I please have four soft serve cones?"
    Cashier: "I'm sorry, but our ice cream machine isn't working at the moment, so we can't do soft serve cones."
    SC: "Oh, OK then, can we get four chocolate Sundaes, then?"
    Cashier: "I'm sorry, but our ice cream machine is broken. We can't make anything with ice cream."
    SC: "What? But I heard that guy just before. HE was able to ask for ice cream."
    Cashier: "Yes, he asked for it. You may also have noticed he didn't get it, because our ice cream machine is broken."
    SC: "Well!" *huffs off*

What causes people's brains to fail this completely? How can their autonomic functions even work with that level of brain death? Shouldn't they be a crumpled heap on the floor, their brains unable to figure out how to make them breather, or make their heart beat?
    Last edited by Arucard; 09-21-2007, 05:17 AM.

I just died a little inside.

How much you wanna bet that the manager's going to hear about how the nasty clerk behind the counter ruined her kids' day?

Comment

Oh, the fun we had with our ice cream/milkshake combo machine.
      The ice cream part was working, at least most of the time.
      But the milkshake part was busted and leaking the whole time I've been working there.
      Same people would come in asking for milkshakes only to be repeatedly told that the machine is, well, broken.
      As it had been yesterday, and the day before (tho it worked fine for 5 morning hours).

Some people left quite devastated over it too.
      Music: Last.fm
      Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

Had someone like that come through the drive thru the other night. He asks for a strawberry shake only to be told that our ice cream machine was on it's heat cycle. So what does he do next? Asks for a flurry. Uhhhh.... dude were you not just listening?
        My Wajas cave

Comment

It scares me that these people are getting into cars and driving to the restaurant in the first place. And people wonder why i refuse to drive.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Some. People. Just. Don't. Get. It.

And those people piss me off, because they make my head hurt with their stupidity.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Bramble View Post
              ice cream machine was on it's heat cycle.
              Nooooooo words I never thought I'd hear again
              Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

I was sad one night last year when Hubby and I went to the local McDonald's with a 24-hour drive-thru to satisfy a milkshake craving (no, I don't have weird pregnancy cravings). The person running the window told us the machine was being cleaned for the evening, so they couldn't serve me a shake. We didn't press the issue, though, and we certainly didn't ask for a different ice-cream-based product.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I love dipping McDonalds fries in McFlurries or shakes.

I'm not pregnant, and if I were, I would have been pregnant for 20 1/2 years now.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

A random guy walks up to the counter after finishing his meal, and asks if he can get a softserve cone, the cashier says loud enough to be heard clearly by me and anyone near me, "No, I'm sorry, but we can't do softserve cones, as our ice cream machine's not working"

The guy says thanks anyway, then walks out, however, he wasn't the stupid one. The mother at the table next to me hears this entire exchange, then exclaims "Ooh, that's a good thought, how would you like some ice cream kids?" Her kids answer in the affirmitive, so she waddles up to the counter.
                    Once again we see that SC's only hear what they want to hear.

Mickey D's soft serve and french fries: Two great tastes that just don't taste great together to me. I prefer to dip my fries in good ol' ketchup.

Gaah, I had pizza hut pizza for dinner and now this thread has me hungry again
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What part of "OUR ICE CREAM MACHINE IS BROKEN" didn't she understand? & why in the workd did she get mad? It's not like you could do a Houdini on her & make an ice cream cone materialize in her ass.....LOL

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

I'm not pregnant, and if I were, I would have been pregnant for 20 1/2 years now.
                        Ya know, I think that's one of those things that's unique to us girls.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Mickey D's soft serve and french fries: Two great tastes that just don't taste great together to me. I prefer to dip my fries in good ol' ketchup.
                        See what I mean?

I know a lot of other women that like to do that, but it has grossed out every guy that has seen us do it!

There's a chain of burger restaurants that's only in New Mexico (Blake's Lotaburger, the best green chile-cheeseburgers!) where I like to get one of their combos with a chocolate shake (great shakes BTW) and dip the fries in it!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Well pagan, I love odd combos (though I preffer my fries in frosty rather than soft serve), but I'm gay so it might not count.
                          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

And once again it occurs to me that I do, in fact, have a guy's brain, because that's just about the most horrible thing I've ever seen. My older sister insists that Hershey bars and ranch corn nuts chewed up together is delicious, but I just gag at the thought of it.

Us guys (might as well lump myself in there, heh), on the other hand, will do things with our food like wear it on our foreheads or make statues with it before we eat it, and that seems to gross chicks out. So it's relative.
                            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

I used to do that with chocolate shakes when I was a kid. I dropped a fry in by accident one day and found out it was yummy! They're also really good with honey (I still ask for honey for my fries whenever I go to McDs). I've never been a huge ketchup fan; when I do use it with fries I put so little on my fry that other people ask me why I bother .

It's pretty standard, but one of my favorite things is chocolate covered pretzels. (I like to dip them in chocolate frosting.) It's that sweet/salt combo thing
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X