This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tyrranosaurus

Not sure where this goes. But Jester's very funny post about his friend the Traveler reminded me of this hilarious story.

I have a very dear old friend who is a chef. His Mother was a French cook. It's in his blood. He's also directly descended from Stanford White, the infamously murdered gilded-age architect, but that's another story. (And, his last name is White.) This guy really does have an incredible family history. But that's not what this story is about.

He used to work at a very small, very, very fancy restaurant in New York City, run by this violent, abusive, tyrannical woman who was known by the employees as the Tyrannosaurus. This was extremely stressful, demanding work. She was an incredible chef but just ran her employees ragged, especially the cooks. They worked their asses off. She was also verbally abusive to the waiters on a regular basis. But there was one thing she would not tolerate---no one was allowed to insult her creations. She'd go postal on them.

Anyway, one time during the dinner hour, it was extremely busy, and these very wealthy people had come in to eat, and apparently one of them did not like what he was served. He began to yell at the waiter to take it back and have the 'incompetent' cook fix him something better. Typical over-the-top SC behavior. Well Tyrannosaurus hears the commotion, and comes out of the kitchen into the dining area to see what the problem was. The guy is just yelling abuse, insulting the food, insulting the chef, insulting the waiter, etc.

Tyrannosaurus listens for about 20 seconds, and then she throws the big chef knife she's got in her hand and it lands, upright, in the middle of these people's table, quivering. The entire restaurant goes as silent as a cathedral, all eyes on this terrifying woman.

Tyrannosaurus stalks over to retrieve her knife, and snarls at the guy 'You are going to eat that. Because it's GOOD.' and then she stalks back into her kitchen.

My friend says the guy sat down and meekly ate every bite that was on his plate. Didn't make a peep the rest of the meal.
    Last edited by ThePhoneGoddess; 09-22-2007, 11:48 PM.
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

... I keep wanting to say something like "When Suck Collides!" or "meeting of the sucky" or something like that. But I just gotta wonder what it would have been like to actually be there and witness that.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post

Tyrannosaurus listens for about 20 seconds, and then she throws the big chef knife she's got in her hand and it lands, upright, in the middle of these people's table, quivering.
      To be fair thats quite an aim she has there, did she practice or what? It always brings a warm fuzzy feeling to my heart when a sucky customer meets here match, expecially in such a spectacular fashion.

(her other behaviour I don't condone but the treatment of that pillock, fantastic)

Stay Safe
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        ... I keep wanting to say something like "When Suck Collides!" or "meeting of the sucky" or something like that.

Same here. When sucky person meets sucky person someone is bound to get pwned.
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
          When sucky person meets sucky person someone is bound to get pwned.
          And really, we're all winners when that happens.
          "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            To be fair thats quite an aim she has there, did she practice or what?
            When you use a tool every day for a long time, you learn all kinds of tricks. I can put my smallest flathead screwdriver(for in-case computer repairs) into the hanging tiles 9 out of 10 tries. I really want a dartboard so I can toss it like a knife, but they say OSHA would have a fit.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
            X