This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't yell in my ear

I was at Suncoast today with the hubby and we were trying to work out a problem with my Backstage Pass card - long story short, the guy who was trying to process my renewal last week screwed up bad and basically voided out my card. So while we were discussing how to fix the problem, some teens came in,picked something up and waited in line, laughing and carrying on as they did. So much so that I had to ask the clerk to repeat what he said a few times. They were literally yelling in my ear.

I turned at one point and glared at them, they quieted down; a few minutes later they were yelling again. I turned around again and said "You know, I'm sure they taught you in school how to use your indoor voices; I suggest you practice using them now." That stunned them into silence for a few moments, then they started in again. Hubby turned around this time and they quieted down.

I finally told the guy helping us to go ahead and check them out since this was going to take some time. So we went to look at a few things on display. One of the boys came close and mumbled something about me being on the rag. I looked at him and said, "No, it's more like you're yelling when I'm trying to get a problem resolved. Some people don't have as stellar hearing as you might have. Yelling is not needed indoors unless someone is on the verge of death." He left with his group shortly after.

Yes, I probably was an SC, but damn it! There was no call for them being as loud as they were.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Nope. Not an SC. Had you complained to the cashier instead of the people actually causing the problem....

They're lucky it wasn't me and my husband there. Response would have been more snotty and probably provoked a swing, which would have ended in much deserved "self defense". If I can take down a bull, I can take down some punk.

:thinks it's probably a good thing she isn't allowed to carry a tazer:
    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

He was trying to get them out of the store as fast as he could, even shooting them glares when we were. I know that if his manager had been there, they'd have been out as soon as they walked in. The guy is the kind of person who doesn't tolerate nonsense.

All the teens bought were sweets, something they could have gotten for far cheaper a few stores down at the Sweet Factory.

The only good thing that came out of the visit was that I got everything off at 20% instead of the normal 10 because we buy so much. *happily glomps her Inu Yasha Season 4 box set*
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

If it had been my mom, she probably would have just gotten mad and walked out. She'd be annoyed that the store wasn't doing anything. I would have just tried to ignore them (when I first typed this I accidentally typed annoy instead of ignore-freudian slip?).

fma_fanatic- I know it's off topic but I love Inuyasha! I'd buy the DVD sets too but they're soooo expensive. I love Sesshomarou, he's so cool...
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
        X