Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a child was kicking my seat, I would be nice about asking the child's parents about him/her stopping the child. Now, if an "adult" was kicking my chair a bunch of times, I would have done the same thing. I could see once or twice, but not more then that.

I also hate it, when someone puts there feet right by my face in a theater. I will politely ask them to move the feet.

That reminds me about the one time I was at the movies with an date. There was a few high school kids in the movies being a pain in the ass. A few people told them to stop. The kids didn't. Someone went and got the usher. The kids tried acting innocent. Everyone agreed with the person that got the usher. The kids had to get out of the theater. Everyone clapped and hollered.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

There's one way to prevent people from kicking your chair. Sit in the very back row where the chairs are against the wall.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
        There's one way to prevent people from kicking your chair. Sit in the very back row where the chairs are against the wall.
        That's a great idea except for one thing.... I can't see from way back there
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
          If a child was kicking my seat, I would be nice about asking the child's parents about him/her stopping the child. Now, if an "adult" was kicking my chair a bunch of times, I would have done the same thing. I could see once or twice, but not more then that.
          A child wouldn't know better (though if raised right, would respond positively to the first correction). This guy did know better, he was being a bully and was shocked that his target had the guts to stand up to his asshole behavior.

Well done, RK. I wouldn't have accepted his bogus apology either. And I hope the girl dumped him flat and found someone with better manners!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

About 9 years ago I went to the movie with my buddie, his gf and another female friend of ours. The douchenozle sitting behind me kept kicking the back of my chair and spent the first 15 minutes of the movie loudly talking with his homeboys. I politely asked them to be quiet and stop kicking my chair. Finally I just snapped, I turned around, eyes burning with the hatred of a 1000 microwave buritto's I loudly asked them to "Just shut your fucking face allready you fucking retard". Now like RK I realized that I could have been asking for a beat down. Sure I got a couple of weak ass pathetic attempts of fuck you man, then I stood up and said it again. Oh yeah, I should add that I'm 6'6" and a big boy. I take bigger dumps then these guys some days. And my buddie that I was with knows how to fight and would have no problem stepping in if asshats buddies tried to jump me. Surprisingly after the movie the girls that these clowns were with appologized for allowing their men to behave like this. I'm thinking that these guys didn't get any action for a while.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              A child wouldn't know better
              I disagree...if a child is old enough to go to the movies, they should be old enough to understand not kicking the seats in front of them.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've had fun times like this myself. The best iswhen in a similar stance I got in the prick's face, and he actually did deck me. Before I could even whip my head back around my gf at the time gave him a kick south of the border and my other friend gave him a gentle shove...

...did I mention we were in the second to last row of a stadium seating theater? We all got tossed out for that one, but it was well worth it in my eyes. =D

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  I disagree...if a child is old enough to go to the movies, they should be old enough to understand not kicking the seats in front of them.
                  If they've been to the movies more than once, you're right. But if it's the kid's first time, he might not understand theater etiquette yet.

Of course, if he's the spoiled brat son of Sucky Customers, pretty much all hope is lost...
                  My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth Liselotte View Post

Can you come to the cinema with me please? I'd love to see how you handle popcorn throwing fools and people who make rustley noises with sweet wrappers!
                    And phonetards!

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
                      Surprisingly after the movie the girls that these clowns were with appologized for allowing their men to behave like this. I'm thinking that these guys didn't get any action for a while.
                      I doubt that they cared. I can only imagine what sort of "action" these guys would provide. "Is that the right hole, honey? Why are you screaming?"

Comment

Unless the theatre was packed, why didn't you change your seat and save yourself the aggravation? That's what i would have done. But hey, you stood your ground so its all good.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                          Unless the theatre was packed, why didn't you change your seat and save yourself the aggravation? That's what i would have done.
                          Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                          1. Move. Packed house, and I'm not the one being the problem. I shouldn't have to move.
                          Even if it hadn't been packed, the bully might've gotten up and followed them, just to aggrivate them some more. Some people are just jerks, and nothing short of direct confrontation and a total smackdown will change that.

And it's a shame that the decent folks always have to be inconvenienced because someone else just has to be an arsehole. That's like the women who have to walk several blocks out of their way to avoid being harrassed on the street, or the kid who has to skip lunch to avoid being picked on in the school cafeteria. Or the retail worker who has to bow and scrape to the SC to avoid being reported to management.
                          Last edited by XCashier; 09-30-2007, 02:52 PM.
                          My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                          X