This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little irritated

I've had a package sent to me recently. Now, due to work, I haven't been in the house.
    I have tried to call several times to arrange a redelivery, but haven't been able to get through, and only have a limited time to do it in- They are open 8:30 to 6, and I'm not in the house during those times. Now I've been carded twice they won't redeliver anything, a policy which isn't stated on their cards. Meaning, due to having no car, bike or money to get a bus, I have to walk all the way up to their depot on my day off to pick it up. This still take me at least an hour each way.

My boyfriend tried to phone saturday (cause I work saturday!) when they're only open till 10:30 am and couldn't get through torearrange delivery. Because I am out in their working hours, don't have a mobile and aren't allowed to use the works phone for stuff like this, I couldn't phone to rearrange delivery. And because they don't redeliver after trying twice, which isn't stated on their cards, I have to make a two hour round trip to pick up my heavy package.

There is no neighbour I could have it left with, we don't know any of them, and they work too. Their ebsite is impossible to use: Unlike the royal mail website which allows you to choose delivery on there all the time, you have to be a member on this website to do anything. For which you have to phone another number which you can't get through on.

I am a little annoyed.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Oh, bless him. The boys just managed to get a fix up in the general area and has said afterwards he'll grab my package. YAY! new trainers.

Still annoyed with them though, I was not looking forward to a two-hour walk, at least one hour of it carrying a bulky package in one of the rougher parts of the city.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Remember how you felt when you read of SCs who seem put out and get ridiculed on this site because "the rules are the rules, too bad for you". If you can't be where we want you at exactly the right time, too bad for you.
      Glad to hear you found someone to get it.
      Eben56
      If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Just a thought... if it was something you ordered, why didn't you have it delivered to someone else who would be able to receive it? (your boyfriend, for instance).

I never have packages delivered to my house, because they get stolen. My babysitter is more than happy to receive them for me, and I pick them up when I grab the kids I sometimes get smaller packages at work (nothing huge though, because I don't want to give the mailroom guys a hard time) as well.
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

FYI, I don't how possible it is with other package services, but I know that with UPS you can arrange to have the delivery address changed to a new address. But only after a delivery attempt has been made and you need the little slip that they leave for you.

I also tend to have certain deliveries made to me at work. But so far everything is safe at our place. Our only problem is when they leave it on the front porch we don't always find it in time. We always go in and out of the back door.
          My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

You mean the boyfriend I live with?

Yeah, I know rules are rules, that's fine. I was just a little irritated is all, as I did try to rearrange the delivery, and couldn't get through, and didn't know till I phoned up to double-check on my day off that after two attempts it wouldn't be delivered.
            Double checked the little yellow card they gave me and it just says 'we will attempt redelivery on the next working day'.

Only other people? Work, and I don't see that going down well, and my parents, who also work all day and wouldn't appreciate my using their home as a collection point. Have to stand on ym own two feet now I've moved out, and all.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't understand from the OP that you lived with your boyfriend, and I don't tend to remember personal details about people.

Is it possible for them to deliver it to your nearest post office so you can pick it up there? Seems a bit unreasonable that they're not willing to work with you on this. Alternately, don't shop online... (although that sucks big-time).
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I asked about all that, nope, they wouldn't. But luckily it was sorted. Yeah, not ordering online would be bloody awkward for me, and mostly it's never been a problem. I've either been able to arrange a redelivery, or get it redelivered to a post office near me, or anything. But this is a company I've never had a delivery from before, and I must say they don't seem very user friendly. Their website is awkward, mainly, as I like rearranging my deliveries through a lot of companies websites, but it's really difficult to do that with these guys- couldn't find an option for it at all in fact.

Comment

hm. looks like they're just generally to be avoided then. Too bad you had to find that out this way.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                  X