This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack-heads and comics

So today was weekely comic book day for me.

Stopped at one of my usual haunts to pick up a few titles.

As I get out of my car I see this older black dude standing on the sidewalk smoking a cigarette. He takes one look at me and his face lights up like a christmas tree.

C: Crack Head
    Me: Body builder/comic geek
    G: Friend of mine who works the shop

C: Oh man (insert University) STATE! *insert slurred speach and what not*

Me: Uh, yeah. All I did was just reach into my drawer this morning and pull it out. Not really a fan or anything.

I haven't really been around people who are high. I've been to a concert where a girl was going insane on heroin and I can tell when people have been smoking weed. But this guy had to be high at the time.

So I walk in, a little uncomfortable, and G is standing at the counter. As I pick up my comics I tell him what the deal is.

Me: Dude, I think you have a crack-head standing outside.

his response

G: Yeah we get a lot of them from time to time.
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

I went to the comic store today too. Had to deal with a 400 pound fanboy butting into the the conversation I was having with the owner about TV. All he had to say was "This sucks" and "That sucks". Did what I usually do with those people and just ignore him.

Owner told me after he left that fatass used to own a shop in town. Owner said he used to shop there, and he would bring up a load of books that fatass would then refer too as crap and ask why he was buying it. No wonder he went out of business.

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
      I went to the comic store today too. Had to deal with a 400 pound fanboy butting into the the conversation I was having with the owner about TV. All he had to say was "This sucks" and "That sucks". Did what I usually do with those people and just ignore him.

Owner told me after he left that fatass used to own a shop in town. Owner said he used to shop there, and he would bring up a load of books that fatass would then refer too as crap and ask why he was buying it. No wonder he went out of business.
      [simpsons]"I will now return to my store where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them."[/simpsons]
      I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
      X