This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor poor bus driver

This poor guy (and I see him often) had to put up with a ton of crap. I got on the bus leaving the mall at about 2:30. School had gotten out in this area and the street happened to have three schools on it (whoever designed this needs to be shot). So we were packed in roughly three minutes after leaving the mall and then the lane ahead begins to merge, going from a 4 lane street to a 2 lane street. Remember those three schools? TRAFFIC. One girl with J-Lo glasses who shouldn't have a permit tried to merge her little tiny Honda Accord into the bus. She wouldn't wait to get behind the bus, just kept driving alongside and trying to push into a space that didn't exist. He finally had to let her in (we had no space to do so and she nearly hit the bus five times and in a few moments she'd get crunched off the road). I hope she meets a big accident with a little pole. I hope her car gets scrunched but she walks without a scratch just so she has top pay for it all and not get any medical benefits.

Later, this poor bus is bogged down with an excess of 50 people and the bus driver could not see the back door very well. So for a couple stops, he closed the door before those who wanted to get off had done so. "BACK DOOR!!" One girl continually squawked this over and over at every stop every time--seriously, she sounded like a damn crow! I was happy to get off.

People who don't respect big vehicles on the road really piss me off. Both my mom and her bf are bus drivers for a tourist trap in Virginia and let me tell you, I've seen some sights riding with them on the bus in my day. And of course, being the tourist trap that it is, people try to pull crap like Accord Girl did all the time!

Of course, it's completely different when the big vehicle driver is a jerk. In that case it seriously is a safety hazard.
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

I really wanted him to run her off the road at times. But I think he should have honked at her, but he didn't. I would have--one really big and loud BLAST of the horn.

Comment

"Backdoor" Quoth the Raven

etc etc

I agree, I can't stand people who expect you to drive off the road so they can take your space on the road. The taxi drivers here do it ALL.THE.TIME.
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth adarhysenthe View Post
          One girl with J-Lo glasses who shouldn't have a permit tried to merge her little tiny Honda Accord into the bus. She wouldn't wait to get behind the bus, just kept driving alongside and trying to push into a space that didn't exist.
          Sounds like too many drivers in NJ that I've seen.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Sounds like too many drivers in NJ that I've seen.
            What's that about NJ drivers?!!!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              What's that about NJ drivers?!!!
              Hey, I'm one of them. Well, not one of the bad ones. I just happen to have a NJ-issued DL.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                I can't stand people who expect you to drive off the road so they can take your space on the road. The taxi drivers here do it ALL.THE.TIME.
                Happens everyday trying to get onto the Sydney Harbour Bridge in peakhour.
                one particular merge is really bad. Morons entering from the left want to be in the right lanes. Morons on the right want to get into the left lane. They all try to change lanes as soon as the solid line stops regardless of who's already in the middle lane. Funny thing is, if you wait for about 200metres after that its really easy to change lanes. Every morning there's a really near miss or two.
                Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean about the schools. If I don't leave at exactly the right time for work, I hit the traffic leaving the school on my way there. They actually have traffic cops who will block off the street, and wind up letting out scores of spoiled high schoolers in cars they can't handle, while backing traffic up several blocks in both directions.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                  X