This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairy Princess, Cowgirl, ???

Stopped in Long's today for some quick items, and the customer I refer to as Crazy Costume Lady was there. CCL is probably in her sixties or seventies, Asian, dyes her hair black ever few months or so (seroius roots), and wears costumes, not clothes. I've seen her about half a dozen times, and she dresses as either a cowgirl or a fairy.

As a cowgirl she wears one of those cheap, red cowboy hats, a fake, fringey red vest, western shirt, stonewashed jeans with a huge western looking belt, and old, cheap beat up cowboy boots. All the items look very fake, toy like, probably from a toy store. She's on the small side and the hat and vest still look too small.

The fairy princess involves shiny, floaty skirts and a top, along with a sparkly wand and a crown. Again, many of the items appear to have come from a toy store. Both costumes involve large amounts of make-up.

Today was different. Before, she's always been fairly quiet, bought her items and left, but today she was not happy. Within a minute or two of walking in the store I could hear a woman's voice yelling. It was CCL, first yelling in heavily-accented English, then almost yelling in Chinese. She would yell at the cashier in English, then yell-talk to herself in Chinese. When I got to the front, I noticed she was wearing a different outfit. I'm not sure the mood of the day, but she was wearing her hair in pigtails, a red-checked shirt, jeans with a huge belt with gold nailheads, and rundown, gold, knee-high boots.

The alternating yelling/yell-talking continued the whole time. She was buying herself a new costume from the Halloween racks. I couldn't see what it was (bugger!), but it was shiny and white and black and hologramy, and she was sure the cashier had NOT given her the correct sale price.

CCL would say to the cashier that the cashier didn't call the store manager, then the cashier would point out that CCL had just spoken to the store manager, who was checking the price. Then CCL would say that the cashier had given her the wrong price. And the cashier would tell CCL to, please, look at the receipt, the discount was on there, she had rung it up correctly. (Lather, rinse, repeat.)

The SM appeared, and finally it was decided that they would just return CCL's money and take the costume back.

At this point, I was at the nearby register with the nice, Russian cashier. I mentioned that I had never seen CCL like that before. She said, "Well, she's a circus person." I paused, let that digest, then said, "Okay."

CCL was still doing her thing when I left, but I had to get back to work, so I never got to see what finally happened. I believe that she probably got her money back, but I bet they had a hard time getting that costume out of her hands. I'm planning to look at the racks next time I go to see what her next, planned incarnation was.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect
Working...
X