X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rules don't apply when you own a Vette

No, they certainly don't!

Saturday night, bf went with me to Wal-Mart for weekly grocery shopping.

We get to the Wal-Mart parking lot. Most of the parking spots are regular angle parking spots, and a few handicapped spots go directly vertical. It makes it look funny, but I guess it's easier for handicapped people to get out.

Those vertical parking spots are a detriment because they attract any type of entitlement whore in a fancy car or SUV to park there, despite not having handicapped plates or a card hanging off their mirror. It pisses me off to no end.

So we pass one of those spots, and lo and behold, a very very fancy Corvette is parked there.

We parked somewhat near it. NO handicapped plates. Infact, the Vette didn't even have any license plates at ALL. Nor did it have a handicapped card hanging from it's mirror.

Some asshole really thinks the rules don't apply to him/her!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

The Corvette, to me, is the embodiment of the term "penis extension". Hell, it's even kinda shaped like one.

I would've reported that if I were feeling truly vindictive.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Explains the PT Cruiser I saw with "Not Cripple" keyed onto the hood.
      Flood

Comment

I could probably afford a 'Vette.
        Chevette, that is.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

If you think spotting the random Corvette ass is bad, try working in a Chevy dealer. You would not believe how bad they get when they think they are the alpha-customer.

I like the Corvette. I have driven quite a few and even nearly purchased a '99 coupe a while back. I can't deal with being labeled as one of those asses though, so I never got it. I have mingled with owners of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches and even they don't have the elitist attitude like the 'vette guys do for the most part. I don't think I will ever understand it.
          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            No, they certainly don't!
            We parked somewhat near it. NO handicapped plates. Infact, the Vette didn't even have any license plates at ALL. Nor did it have a handicapped card hanging from it's mirror.

Some asshole really thinks the rules don't apply to him/her!
            Be charitable - maybe the Vette owner didn't realize the spaces were for the physically handicapped.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

One of my co-workers told me this joke:

Q. What's the difference between a porcupine and a Corvette?

A. The porcupine has pricks on the outside.
              Last edited by flybye023; 10-02-2007, 05:48 AM.
              My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                I have mingled with owners of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches and even they don't have the elitist attitude like the 'vette guys do for the most part. I don't think I will ever understand it.
                Because, much like in any part of life, there is a segment of people who are just big enough to know they're too small. The owners of Corvettes, for the most part, are trying to play with the big boys that drive Exotics like Lambo and Ferrari, but don't have the budget for it. Because of this they feel massive levels of insecurity because they've put themselves in a pond where they're a VERY tiny fish indeed, and feel the need to assert themselves over others to soothe their feelings of inadequacy.

To put it another way, if the guys that drive Exotics are Ron Jeremy, then 'Vette owners are mostly overcompensating pencil-dicks, figuratively as well as literally.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Ugh, those guys were an absolute pain to deal with at the arena.

Jadedcarguy you forgot to mention Lotus and TVR.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    By all means, you should have really called the cops and reported a stolen car.

Comment

I was willing to give that the benefit of the doubt and assume that some arsewipe who works for a local car dealership thought he'd take the Corvette for a spin to Wal-Mart...

My ex coworker at the gas station, her full time job was at a dealership/mechanic, and they had gotten away with driving the new cars around on their lunchbreak to go out to eat for quite some time before the owner found out.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        Because, much like in any part of life, there is a segment of people who are just big enough to know they're too small. The owners of Corvettes, for the most part, are trying to play with the big boys that drive Exotics like Lambo and Ferrari, but don't have the budget for it. Because of this they feel massive levels of insecurity because they've put themselves in a pond where they're a VERY tiny fish indeed, and feel the need to assert themselves over others to soothe their feelings of inadequacy.
                        Very well said!

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                        Jadedcarguy you forgot to mention Lotus and TVR.
                        I don't know any Lotus owners, though I do see a few around town.
                        I've never even seen a TVR!
                        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          I was willing to give that the benefit of the doubt and assume that some arsewipe who works for a local car dealership thought he'd take the Corvette for a spin to Wal-Mart...
                          Here in NY, they would still need dealer plates on the car for it to be legally on the road.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                            Because of this they feel massive levels of insecurity because they've put themselves in a pond where they're a VERY tiny fish indeed, and feel the need to assert themselves over others to soothe their feelings of inadequacy.
                            Well said I don't even bother looking at Corvettes at the local car show any more. Sure, I like the 1953-64s, but that's pretty much it. Nearly all of the later cars are new ones...with *very* low mileage. That is, the owner bought it simply to show it...and apparently likes seeing their name on the windshield. Also, most of the Ferraris, Lambos, and other "exotics are usually just single examples...many of which are simply original (not mint, but unrestored) cherished cars. Where there are multiples, they've usually been brought out by dealers for sale. BTW, most BMW and Porsche owners, along with some from Mercedes, seem to suffer the same affliction!

Me, if I had that kind of cash, I'd get another MG, possibly a prewar example, or possibly a T-series or two
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I don't get the car thing, honestly. I understand that some people are into cars the same way I'm into wrestlers and can quote chapter and verse of it, and the people who actually know their shit, collect cars and like cars for the sake of the CARS, well then, cool beans, everyone needs a hobby. But then you have these people who pay hellacious amounts of money for some "fancy brand name" car just for the sake of having a "fancy brand name" car...and that I just don't get.

"I spent $60,000 on my Mustang!"
                              "Yeaahhhh, I bought my Lumina for a third of that and it gets twice the gas mileage..."
                              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                              X