Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not stalking you, I live here too (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not stalking you, I live here too (LONG)

Gah! My 5 minute journey to the shop for maple syrup became an EPIC QUEST because of some stupid woman in front of me.

She and her teenage daughter were chatting as they put their purchases through. No problem, even if they were a little rude to the cashier, not even saying hello. The trouble actually started after their purchase had gone through.

The mother notices the store was selling cheap skipping ropes at the counter, so she started looking at them, carefully reading the instructions, asking her daughter (not the cashier. The cashier is not worthy of her notice) how long she thought they were. This might sound reasonable, however, THIS was the layout:

ME SkippingRopesAndStupidWoman Cashier

I couldn't get to the cashier while she stood there. The lanes have bars between them so i couldn't get around her. And she just stood there, muttering to herself about this bloody skipping rope, even as her daughter pointed out that she didn't have any other children or any neices or nephews to give it to.

She stood there for nearly 5 minutes, as the line got longer and longer.

Me being the polite little wimp i am, cannot bring myself to tell her to get lost. Eventually the cashier leans right over her, very obviously, and i hand her the maple syrup. The stupid woman stomps off because leaning across her was "very rude" of the cashier.

But it doesn't stop there.

This woman and her daughter aparently live in my street. They were walking home too. So I was behind them for a great deal of the journey. They kept glancing at me then whispering to one another. I think it's a little odd, but ignore them and just keep walking home.

Suddenly they turn around and start walking towards me. I froze like a deer-in-headlights as they stomped over. The following exchange made a few hundred of my braincells kill themselves in agony.

SW: Why are you following us?
    Me:...what?
    SW: You've been following us since the supermarket! Stop it or we'll call the police!
    Me:... Lady, I live over there *points to house less then 50metres away*
    SW:Yeah right! You're following us!
    Me: Don't flatter yourself.

At that point I crossed the road and entered my house. I watched them wander off through my window.

The daughter looked very embarrassed.
    I'm busy, you're an idiot, have a nice day

At least I shall die as I have lived; completely surrounded by morons.

But what of the mother?
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

The mother has not the brains to realize that she should be embarrassed.

That and she's just shameless.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

See, the mom OBVIOUSLY lives in a world of her own...with her daughter as a frequent guest.

Nox was uninvited.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"Don't flatter yourself" hahaha - great comeback!
          My Myspace, add me!

Comment

back when I would walk to/from the store, I had that happen to me. Its funny when you walk into your house, and watch them be embarrassed.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

One day I was walking home from my High School. The police passed me about 4 times, and stopped me on the 5th pass. Where? Right in front of my house! The officer asked me all kinds of questions, including where I was going, and he sat there and watched me until I unlocked the door and went inside!
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I've heard stories like that before, Primer. Makes you wonder what their issue was or who they were really looking for.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Nox, just going off of your description it sounds to me like the lady might have had some psychological problems.
                  "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    I've heard stories like that before, Primer. Makes you wonder what their issue was or who they were really looking for.
                    Honestly, and I'm not one of those people who tend to be negative toward cops all the time, they were probably just playing "Scare the Teenager". I was out with a friend of mine when we were in high school and a cop got behind us as he turned into my neighborhood and waited until he came to a stop in front of my house to give us the full flashing lights treatment. I don't know what he was expecting to find, but all he muttered was something about my friend rolling a stop sign (which he didn't, and the cops around here certainly would have given him a ticket if he did because they did it to me on 2 occasions).

What it really was is the cop was making the yearly patrol of my plan and saw two high school boys coming back home around midnight and thought he was going to make a big score busting some underage drinkers. Unfortunately for him, he happened to snag the only two non-drinkers in my high school class!
                    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Primer, sounds like the infamous cop that I'd had run ins with. Too bad I've forgotten his name. He was an asshat of the first order.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X