This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirt > Electricity

Last year around those famous year-end holidays, I was helping my friend Shirl shop for gifts. We landed in an "urban apparel" store, where she bought her Dad two shirts for $10, which is a nice deal.

Upon stopping in the cashier line, Shirl saw Guy, whom she knows from her neighborhood.

SH: Hey, Guy, how're you doing? Its been a while.
    G: Oh, yeah, yeah. Hey, Shirl. You doin aight?
    SH: Just doing a shopping run for Dad's shirts, you gonna pay for mine,too? hehe
    G: Nah nah, man, times is tough. We gonna run out of electricity 'fore dis month is up.
    Sh: Oh gosh..

He was next in line before us. He had one shirt. Brand new.

Cashier: Okay, that'll be $85.00.

Yeah... self-explanatory.

Reminds me of when I saw a brand new Hummer2 parked in the "driveway" of a shack/house in a lower SES neighborhood.
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Here in SA, it's not unheard of for luxury cars to be parked outside a shack in a squatter camp....
      yep, gotta have that beemer - running water and solid walls can come next year!
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

No offense but is he a drug dealer?

There is someone around town who owns a brand new Hummer H3 with all the good modificatios. It's always seen in lower income housing areas and "ghettos" and "dump" neighborhoods. It made a daily stop across the street from my old apartment.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          No offense but is he a drug dealer?

There is someone around town who owns a brand new Hummer H3 with all the good modificatios. It's always seen in lower income housing areas and "ghettos" and "dump" neighborhoods. It made a daily stop across the street from my old apartment.
          Mot likely. If not that, then perhaps an illegal arms or needle pusher.

Comment

Nothing gives a better start to a Monday morning than to read about people's misplaced priorities.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

85 bucks for a shirt?! For that kind of money it better wash and iron itself.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X