This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    I'm confused here...how is the store expected to eat the loss if someone gets robbed? By that logic, if I lose some money, my bank should replace it.
    Typical customer "logic". I had several calls as a cell phone company CSR where the customer would call in to report their phone lost/stolen then expect us to replace it for free. (Then of course whine and yell when they were "educated" that it doesn't work that way.) Had one lady pitch a huge fit because she thought I was going to put a credit on her account for her lost phone that retailed for around $400 so she could could "walk down to the store to pick up a new one". uhh... no.
    Last edited by Stockholm Syndrome; 10-09-2007, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I get this attitude all the time. People's kids or friends get a hold of their checkbook or debit card, and use it to charge their phones, then they chat away until the money is all gone.

Then said owner of the checkbook or debit card calls us and expects us to hand the money back to them. "But I didn't authorize it!" "She did it without my permission!" "You HAVE to give that money back to me!" They get really, really mad when we tell them no. In fact I had a man tell me to go f#$%% myself this morning over this exact situation.

Yes, it sucks to be you, you got ripped off by your friend/demon spawn, but that is not our fault. You should have kept a closer eye on your wallet!

People don't want to understand how economics really work. THEY are out the money, therefore SOMEONE has to replace it, because they refuse to be the ones left holding the bag. It's apparently easier to call the cell company and throw a flaming hissy than it is to confront their friend or child.
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
        I get this attitude all the time. People's kids or friends get a hold of their checkbook or debit card, and use it to charge their phones, then they chat away until the money is all gone.

Then said owner of the checkbook or debit card calls us and expects us to hand the money back to them. "But I didn't authorize it!" "She did it without my permission!" "You HAVE to give that money back to me!" They get really, really mad when we tell them no. In fact I had a man tell me to go f#$%% myself this morning over this exact situation.
        Tell them to send in a copy of the police report they filed and you will honor their request. In my call center we had this issue all the time as well. They know who did it, they may have even known it was going on, but they don't decide to gripe about it until it gets out of hand. If they did not give permission to the person who used the card/account, then they can file a police report and their dear little shnookums will have an arrest record as well as some likely community service.

Once it became clear to us that it was a family member, we told them the only way to reverse the charges was with a copy of the police report. 90% of the time, they chose to keep it a family matter.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Oh, we tell people what their options are. It's too much trouble for most of them. They just expect us to refund the money right then and there. They often tell me "I am the victim here! I shouldn't have to put up with all this crap just to get my money back. I want you to just put it back in my account and we'll be done with it."
          Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
            Oh, we tell people what their options are. It's too much trouble for most of them. They just expect us to refund the money right then and there. They often tell me "I am the victim here! I shouldn't have to put up with all this crap just to get my money back. I want you to just put it back in my account and we'll be done with it."

And if it worked that way everyone could get free refills all the time by just calling and claiming their kid/friend/whatever bought the minutes without their permission. Riiight.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
              SW: I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! *then turns around* DON'T BUY GIFT CARDS HERE!! IF YOU DO, YOU'LL GET CHEATED IF THEY'RE STOLEN!!!
              Well, yeah. By the thief.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

I should have kept the receipt for the CD player that got stolen out of my car. I bought it a BB.
                I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
                X