X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Meter

It went off yesterday when:

-I'm trying to open the door to my car after work, and these young teens with 5yr olds on bikes are congregrated around it.

-The guy who pushes this shopping cart around leaves it across the road for a week.

-Manager D orders me to take said shopping cart to the back for when we buy ice.

-Carl's Furniture next door piles furntiure outside on the side walk, and calls it a sidewalk chalk fest sale.

-A man at Wal-Mart was humming W.A.S.P. music while rubbing a cross necklace.

-I visit with my aunt, who works at Wally World, and we watch a woman talk to her food as she's putting it in her cart.

-Aunt's shucking some corn grown locally. A woman and man ask if her corn is fresh or starte rotting yet.

-"Jaque" (not real name) at work is constantly telling me,"good job." Yep. Washing my hands sure is trying.

-Jaque comments on how nice my hair is, because he wants me to notice how fluffy his is today.

-Customer calls and asks for four beast (5' 24 slice pizza) with the works, and isn't sure if she can put them anywhere, but wants them badly.

-Man shoves his finger into his freshly taken STEAMING gooey cheese and taco-bean-goo pizza, and declares to me,"Issa hotta pizza!"

I'll sometimes think out loud while shopping in the store, which I suppose could be seen as talking to my food. Maybe that's what the one lady was doing? (Doubt it.)

As for the rest...um.... O.o
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Bah! Bah it all! Bah humbug, even! I was bringing my till to my register and stepped out of the way for a customer about to leave, assuming the customer would travel around me. Well, the customer certainly did.. and left the now empty cart directly infront of me.

Hell of a way to start my day. Hell of a way to end a par... wait, wha? Damn you, Frank Miller!
      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
        I'll sometimes think out loud while shopping in the store, which I suppose could be seen as talking to my food. Maybe that's what the one lady was doing? (Doubt it.)

As for the rest...um.... O.o
        One time in the supermarket I saw a guy who was apparently very enthusiastic about his shopping... he took a bag of carrots from the shelf and said "Carrots!", then a head of lettuce and said "Lettuce!", and so on.

I thought this was weird, but that was only because I was looking at him from behind. From another angle I saw a 6-month-old baby in the cart. The man (presumably the father) was teaching the kid names for various things.

Comment

Because shopping in supermarkets is such a soul destroying activity I do tend to talk aloud when shopping, it helps me remain calm...

Stay Safe
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            One time in the supermarket I saw a guy who was apparently very enthusiastic about his shopping... he took a bag of carrots from the shelf and said "Carrots!", then a head of lettuce and said "Lettuce!", and so on.
            If I'm in the right mood, I'll do that, too.

But I won't have a baby in the cart, either.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

I like to talk to myself, my food, and just mumble like a crazy loon at times. I find that it brings me great joy and pleasure in the simple fact that other people get that "WTF, is he the good kind of crazy or the bad kind of crazy" look in the eye as they slowly start to back up. Sometimes the only way to enjoy life is to keep people wondering. Don't worry I do it at home too, and according to my wife, the jury is still out on whether I'm the good or bad kind of crazy...I'm kinda hoping its the bad kind, cause it feels so good.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

lol, I was walking home the other day through a park and whistling and humming a bit. All of a sudden I hear this noise, like kittens being trodden on, and I turn around. Behind me is a crazy bag lady, who is also (I can only assume) singing to herself and walking home. That's me in about 60 years I guess!

Comment

And today:

-Manager and I talk about how a shopping cart would help when we load ice into the freezer. LO! Across the street the crazy old lady's shopping cart. She abandoned it a week ago. Manager has me go over there and take it.

-I feel bad for stealing an abandoned shopping cart.

Comment

Ever the see the Scrubs episode where Heather Graham sings to her lunch? Yeah, that's what this thread reminds me of. <chicken salaaad...>
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

-Man shoves his finger into his freshly taken STEAMING gooey cheese and taco-bean-goo pizza, and declares to me,"Issa hotta pizza!"
                      Did you ask him how his brother Luigi is doing?
                      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

No, no... I was too dumbfounded by the blister already forming on his index, along with the goofy grin.

Comment

... all this talk of talking to your food...

"I'm gonna eat you little fishie... I'm gonna eat you little fishie... I'm gonna eat you little fishie... 'cause I like eating fish!"

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post

-Customer calls and asks for four beast (5' 24 slice pizza) with the works, and isn't sure if she can put them anywhere, but wants them badly.
                            Five feet??? That's a hella big pizza! Is it round or rectangular? I don't know where I'd put just one of them!

Just out of curiosity, how much does one cost (retail)?
                            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                              Five feet??? That's a hella big pizza! Is it round or rectangular? I don't know where I'd put just one of them!
                              A five-foot pizza? Holy crap! There's a place just around the corner that has a *3* foot pizza! I kid you not folks...I've seen the box with my own eyes--it's 3 feet square!
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X