This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience is a virtue

Overheard at while in a Walmart check out.

Bitchy Lady on phone : Yeah I'm here at Walmart with 20,000 other people. They've only got a couple registers working.
    BLOP: I'm in the speedy checkout lane, let's see how speedy it is.

It's not much but for some reason it just annoyed the hell outta me last night. For how crowded it was it only took about 5 min to get checked out. (I was in the express lane in front of her) How hard is to be a little patient?
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

It's like they expect cashiers to be magicians/mindreaders. They're supposed to know EXACTLY what to do ALL THE TIME under EVERY circumstance, so the lines should NEVER move at a slow rate. It annoys me to no end when I'm in a line where there's a holdup and someone I'm in line with sighs audibly and leaves. No, the cashier is not incompetent, acting like that won't make the line move any faster, and complaining to a manager will just get you a look. Stuff happens; deal with it.

Can you tell I've worked as a cashier before?
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

It always irritated me as a cashier when customers would blame me for slow lines.

Hey, some things just happen, for no apparent reason.

Others, however, are caused by customers like YOU, so shut the hell up, please.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Every time I've seen a slow checkout line, it has been the fault of SCs, not cashiers. Either they bring up unmarked items, requiring a price check, or they can't damn well make up their mind if they want something or not. I don't think I've ever been in a slow line where the cashier was at fault.

When my son was a manager at Dollar Tree, he always got those entitlement minded women who would bring two full baskets of stuff to the register and then go through each individual item and decide which ones to get. Of course, they left the unwanted things all over the counter, held up the lines forever and generally made a mess and were rude about it, to boot.

Comment

It's usually the retarded people who go to the self scan and can't figure out how to scan their items or can't figure out how to slide their damn card or won't get off their cell phone or won't quit playing tonsil hockey with their 14 year old girlfriend that hold up the lines around here!
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
            It's like they expect cashiers to be magicians/mindreaders. They're supposed to know EXACTLY what to do ALL THE TIME under EVERY circumstance, so the lines should NEVER move at a slow rate.
            They do expect it. At the local fabric store's Columbus Day sale, there was a huge line of people and only about three cutters, with rolls of fabric piling up. The geezers in line in front of me were making snotty remarks about how slow the line was, why didn't they hire more people to work there, blah blah blah. If I hadn't been badly outnumbered (six to one) I might've suggested they fill out an application and help solve the problem.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It always boggled my mind when an idiot shopper got in the "speedy checkout" AKA as the 20 items or less registers & bitched us out whenever we didn't go as fast as they were expecting us to. I mean, we're not superheroes. We can't check you out so fast that you're out of there in under 2 seconds! & if you expecting superfast check out on a weekend or during the holidays then you better damn well be prepared to wait in line cause it's BUSY during those times.

Comment

Working...
              X