This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Customer Attractant.

I don't know about you, but it seems I attract sucky customers to me. I'm not sure if it's my cologne, my attitude, or something; but every place I go I seem to find one or two. The following sightings all come from 1 day. Hard as that may be to believe.

1.) Kharma Sucks: While walking into the store, I see a young guy pull through a parking space that another guy had been waiting for; thus taking up the space. The younger guy gets out of his truck laughing and closes the door. Only then does he realise two things. First the truck is still running, and second, he locked his keys in it. He was still there when I came out.

2.) Blue shirt... Walking through the housewares department, a woman approaches me and asks where she can find blinds. I respond "Probably on the blind isle." She gets irate and yells that she's reporting me to my manager. I can only ask "Promise?"

3.) Not the same: I end up feeling sorry for this kid. Two idiot parents are standing in electronics arguing with an associate. They are convinced that the PS3 games will play on the PS2 system. Someone told them they were "Backwards Compatitable." Eventually, the associate gave up. Let them figure it out their own **** selves.

4.) Endcap Follies: It wasn't my fault, I swear. Passing an end cap I caught the corner of it with my jeans while trying to clear the aisle for a...large woman. Nothing fell until I was halfway down the aisle, past the items. Oops.

5.) Pet Department: Some lady approaches me and asks what's the best food for her cat. I just handed her something random to which she says quote "Oh, that has meat. I can't give fluffy that. I'm a Vegan, so fluffy is one too." I weep for the cat.

6.) ID Required For Purchase: Leaving wal-mart, I head to a nearby game store. Truck idiot is still out there fighting with the door. Maybe he'll run out of gas eventually. Walking into the store, I catch a tail end conversation. One young boy, from now on called "Squeaker" is yelling at the game store employee. He wants to buy a M rated game, and doesn't see why he (at 13) should not be allowed to do so. About this time, I approach with my nice copy of Tenchu Z (good game if you like the series) in hand and make an innocent comment just as squeaker's mother comes up. This comment was nothing more than "Ooo, that's the game with that sex scene in it isn't it? Pretty good gameplay wise, but storyline is short." Squeaker's mom was not amused.
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Quoth repsac View Post
    5.) Pet Department: Some lady approaches me and asks what's the best food for her cat. I just handed her something random to which she says quote "Oh, that has meat. I can't give fluffy that. I'm a Vegan, so fluffy is one too." I weep for the cat.

I would weep for the cat as well since it will die in the near future on a vegan diet. Cats need meat in their diet and will die if they don't get it in their food. That lady should be arrested for animal cruelty for giving her cat a meat free cat killing diet.

Comment

Random Fact: Cats are the only mamals that can survive on only meat.

Comment

Most cats will kill and eat small animals in addition to whatever you feed them, so fluffy will still be getting her meat intake.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Unless it's one of those Indoor Cats. Then you just gotta pray that the Vegan has a rat problem she doesn't know about.
          Flood

Comment

Yeah someone really needs to explain the term Obligate Carnivore to that cat lady. Although amusingly enough, my cats eat all kinds of people food that has no meat in it, things like mac & cheese, brown sugar baked beans, potato chips, and I found out this weekend my little Trillian loves blue corn chips.
            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
              Yeah someone really needs to explain the term Obligate Carnivore to that cat lady. Although amusingly enough, my cats eat all kinds of people food that has no meat in it, things like mac & cheese, brown sugar baked beans, potato chips, and I found out this weekend my little Trillian loves blue corn chips.
              Heh, my cat has an addiction to Altoids (I quarter them for her). Probably has to do with the mint, as she also goes for my toothpaste if I don't keep it out of reach.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                While walking into the store, I see a young guy pull through a parking space that another guy had been waiting for; thus taking up the space. The younger guy gets out of his truck laughing and closes the door. Only then does he realise two things. First the truck is still running, and second, he locked his keys in it. He was still there when I came out.
                I can laugh at this one for days.

Quoth repsac View Post
                Walking through the housewares department, a woman approaches me and asks where she can find blinds. I respond "Probably on the blind isle." She gets irate and yells that she's reporting me to my manager. I can only ask "Promise?"
                What did your manager have to say?

Quoth repsac View Post
                It wasn't my fault, I swear. Passing an end cap I caught the corner of it with my jeans while trying to clear the aisle for a...large woman. Nothing fell until I was halfway down the aisle, past the items. Oops.
                That happens to me more often than I care to admit. I'm special like that.

Quoth repsac View Post
                Some lady approaches me and asks what's the best food for her cat. I just handed her something random to which she says quote "Oh, that has meat. I can't give fluffy that. I'm a Vegan, so fluffy is one too." I weep for the cat.
                That poor, poor cat.

Quoth repsac View Post
                One young boy, from now on called "Squeaker" is yelling at the game store employee. He wants to buy a M rated game, and doesn't see why he (at 13) should not be allowed to do so. About this time, I approach with my nice copy of Tenchu Z (good game if you like the series) in hand and make an innocent comment just as squeaker's mother comes up. This comment was nothing more than "Ooo, that's the game with that sex scene in it isn't it? Pretty good gameplay wise, but storyline is short." Squeaker's mom was not amused.
                You're evil. I like that.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My cat LOVES celery greens (well paw at me and jump on the counter for them, weird cat).

Comment

Well, if she's giving the cat taurine supplements and is very careful, she can get away with feeding it a vegan diet. But considering that she's asking random department store "employees" what is the best food for her cat, I somehow doubt this is the case. If she's serious about a vegan diet for her cat, she should be having a serious conversation with the vet. That said, CATS ARE NOT VEGETARIANS!!!!! And that said, my girlcat begs for peas.

Quoth Geek King
                    Heh, my cat has an addiction to Altoids (I quarter them for her). Probably has to do with the mint, as she also goes for my toothpaste if I don't keep it out of reach.
                    Hehe, maybe your cat should meet Brutus (if it's not Thursday, October 18 when you read this, scroll down until you find him, or click "previous entries" at the bottom if he's not on the first page).
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't know what the manager said. I don't work there
                      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                        Sure, cats and dogs can live on vegetarian diets, but here's the thing... they can't process the veggies as well as meat, so they are going to be pooping more, have more gas, and they won't be as healthy as if they were on a mainly meat diet. So she is killing her kitty slowly by not giving it a properly balanced diet. I think that vegans and vegetarians that feed their animals according to their beliefs should be taken out back and released back to the stupid farm they came from. It's not even the healthiest diet for humans to live on because it's usually not done properly! I used to get so mad when people would come through my lane at the pet store with either cheap crap food or "vegetarian" food.
                        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                        The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
                          Sure, cats and dogs can live on vegetarian diets
                          Dogs can, they won't be very happy, but they'll live. Cats cannot live on a vegetarian diet. They do not get the appropriate amino acids that they need to live from veggies.
                          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                            "Oh, that has meat. I can't give fluffy that. I'm a Vegan, so fluffy is one too." I weep for the cat.
                            Oh, no, I would not have let that go without looking totally aghast and exclaim, "Oh, no! You can't be serious! Don't you know that your cat will die if you don't feed it meat?" in as loud and dramatic a voice as I could.

Yeah, I can be a jerk, but if it's for a good cause, I'll milk it for everything it's worth.

Quoth repsac View Post
                            I head to a nearby game store. Truck idiot is still out there fighting with the door.
                            *bwahaha* That guy with the truck is getting what he deserves. When he first pulled that crap, I would have gone to the guy who had been waiting, and said, "isn't karma a bitch" and gestured towards the asshat.

Quoth repsac View Post
                            About this time, I approach with my nice copy of Tenchu Z (good game if you like the series) in hand and make an innocent comment just as squeaker's mother comes up. This comment was nothing more than "Ooo, that's the game with that sex scene in it isn't it? Pretty good gameplay wise, but storyline is short." Squeaker's mom was not amused.
                            *snicker*

That's so evil.

I approve

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                              Walking through the housewares department, a woman approaches me and asks where she can find blinds.
                              Up a blind alley?

I respond "Probably on the blind isle."
                              Wait, they have a whole island for blind people?

"I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                              X