Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe, maybe your cat should meet Brutus (if it's not Thursday, October 18 when you read this, scroll down until you find him, or click "previous entries" at the bottom if he's not on the first page).[/QUOTE]

Cute pic. Wait til you have the ONE time the cat accidently swallows the floss. Hope it all comes out at once. Otherwise they run out of the box with an interesting trailer.
    GFY

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
      Unless it's one of those Indoor Cats. Then you just gotta pray that the Vegan has a rat problem she doesn't know about.
      Well of course she doesn't know about it! That poor starving cat is too busy catching and eating them all!
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

OK, as a vegetarian myself, I would NEVER force my diet on a cat. I spent a lot of time andeffort making sure mine was as healthy as possible, and I KNOW a cat can't live on it.

Most vegan societies say it is animal cruelty of the worst degree to force your diet on something that doens't have a choice about it.
        I can't understand how you'd be a vegan- presumably for ethical reasons- and then be that cruel to your pet.
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Hehe, maybe your cat should meet Brutus (if it's not Thursday, October 18 when you read this, scroll down until you find him, or click "previous entries" at the bottom if he's not on the first page).
          That kitty is so cute! And he'll never have dental problems. Smart cat!

Wish the cat owner in the original post were as intelligent. That poor cat will probably die of malnutrition. :sigh: When, oh when will people learn about animals before they adopt them for pets?!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Stupid vegan wench...

At least there's one cat that's spoiled rotten (and how I hate that fact when she drives me nuts and I want to throw her against a wall when she won't let me sleep!)...

If I'm cooking tuna, kitty gets fresh tuna. If I'm making mole, before I even add the chicken breast to the sauce, I give some (fully cooked and never in oil, fyi) to the kitty. Mom and Dad having carne asada? No problem, kitty gets a special little batch cooked just for her (no onion/garlic etc).

Hell, Patches even has watermelon. Granted, she can't chew it right, so she just sucks the juice out.
            "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Heh, my cat has an addiction to Altoids (I quarter them for her). Probably has to do with the mint, as she also goes for my toothpaste if I don't keep it out of reach.
              One of mine loves Icy Hot. He'll lick it right off you if you're not careful. I had some on my neck once after I pulled it, and he got mad because I kept pushing him away. He came back, bit me on the head, and then ran off.

Here's a pic of him going to town on my wife's ankle. She had stepped in a small hole in the yard, and twisted it.
              Attached Files
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

My runt girl, Franzia, LOVES Raisin Bran. If she hears me pouring it, she runs to the kitchen in hopes I drop some, then will sit and watch me eat, waiting for the leavings. And both my girls love bread, but only when they break into the bag to get it. If I rip it up and put it out for them, they ignore it.

And as to all the above posts about crazy vegan lady, yes, y'all are correct. As a ZOL student and long-time vet clinic hanger-on, I once did an all-natural, home-cooked diet for my kitties, and even with some amount of meat in it, it required about 18 different supplements, including taurine and bone meal, to be appropriately healthy for them. Given the amount of time and effort it took, and the fact that the kitties weren't hugely fond of it, it wasn't worth it, so they're back to mass-produced stuff. As much as people fuss about bagged food, the companies have put in the time and vet legwork to determine everything the kitties need to be eating.

As for truck karma dude, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ass.
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

My parents had a cat who thought that cantelope was the greatest thing ever— even above catnip.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                    My parents had a cat who thought that cantelope was the greatest thing ever— even above catnip.
                    So wouldn't that be CAT-nelope, then?

*ducks tomatoes*
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                      I can't understand how you'd be a vegan- presumably for ethical reasons- and then be that cruel to your pet.
                      Because she's obviously not vegetarian for ethical reasons.

She's vegetarian so she can be "special" and so she can feel superior.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                        This comment was nothing more than "Ooo, that's the game with that sex scene in it isn't it? Pretty good gameplay wise, but storyline is short." Squeaker's mom was not amused.
                        Is that game, by chance, God of War?

I have a similar tale to tell, if so.
                        I spent the span of a week or so over at a friend's apartment. This friend, whom I randomly refer to as Daddy, had a roommate, a little older than him, and female. They had been dating for a long time, and broke up, but were still living together. Daddy took me out to spend the gift card he'd gotten me for... my birthday, I think it was... and I bought God of War with it, knowing, roughly, it was bloody, had copious amounts of nudity, and was at best, vaguely related to Greek myth. We got back to the apartment, I rip it open, and settle in. Got to the point where Kratos is in bed with the two girls, and Daddy's roommate turned around to watch me play, then suddenly said, "You know, you really need to pay more attention to the games your daughter plays. I don't think that's appropriate for her."
                        Yup, yup, but I think he was aware of it. Not to mention I'm older than him. (Don't ask) And yet, she wouldn't let me call her Mommy. Ah well.

My brother's dog loves green stuff. We found that out when my sister in law fed her a carrot. And she ate it right up.
                        I have since found out it's just that the dog loves crunchy stuff.
                        Last edited by Imogene; 10-28-2007, 09:06 PM. Reason: Dog stuff
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Nah, it's that vampire hunting game that came out for PS2 pretty early on. It's the one everyone was talking about and then it turned out to be craptastic.
                          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                            Nah, it's that vampire hunting game that came out for PS2 pretty early on. It's the one everyone was talking about and then it turned out to be craptastic.
                            Hunter: the Reckoning? Yeah, it's a crappy game based on the crappiest of White Wolf's RPGs, which are the crappiest of the RPG universes.
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                            X