This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Pizza Hut workers

Last night my parents decided to eat in (they usually go out somewhere on Tuesday nights), and decided to get pizza. Here's how Dad ordered it:

First, he looked through all the junk mail in the lounge room for some coupons.
    Not finding any, he called Pizza Hut anyway.
    And made them read out the entire menu.
    And then asked Mum what she wanted.
    And then took his time deciding what kind of base to have.
    And then changed his mind about having it delivered because delivery time was 45 minutes (he took about that long to go pick it up anyway, the local pizza hut moved recently and he couldn't find the new address).

It was almost as bad as the time his Hungry Jacks drive through order was "Two burgers... oh wait there are different kinds... hmm..." while a queue formed behind him.

He's not senile or anything, just takes his time making decisions.

So I offer my apologies to people who work at Pizza Hut and anywhere else my father tries to order anything from.

my dad's the same

yea my dad's the same but he orders in and then gets tired of waiting (they get ther within 5 or 10 minutes neway)
    and he falls asleep and then i have 2 pay n watever and then he will get up later and say "oh the pizza's r here now?"

Comment

My dad's pretty good with deliveries, but once he ordered fries at the Tim Horton's drive-thru (he thought it was burger king, which was next door). We still laugh at him for that.
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Mmm... Pizza Hut... *sigh* They won't deliver to my apartment. They (and Papa Joe's) have this complex on a black list since some delivery driver was shot and killed several years back.

I always order online, myself. I get the full menu, plus whatever specials are going down for the chain. I've found that the online "coupons" are usually as good or better than what you get with the circulars.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          Last night my parents decided to eat in (they usually go out somewhere on Tuesday nights), and decided to get pizza. Here's how Dad ordered it:

First, he looked through all the junk mail in the lounge room for some coupons.
          Not finding any, he called Pizza Hut anyway.
          And then changed his mind about having it delivered because delivery time was 45 minutes (he took about that long to go pick it up anyway, the local pizza hut moved recently and he couldn't find the new address).

It was almost as bad as the time his Hungry Jacks drive through order was "Two burgers... oh wait there are different kinds... hmm..." while a queue formed behind him.

He's not senile or anything, just takes his time making decisions.

So I offer my apologies to people who work at Pizza Hut and anywhere else my father tries to order anything from.

does you father call Pizza Hut every night??? LOL I get one of these on the phone AT LEAST once a night AT OUR BUSIEST TIME no less AND I am already dispatch on a double run delivery.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

One good thing about being a picky eater...ordering a pizza's a breeze!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This is why I LOVE online ordering for pizza. I can take my sweet time pondering my options, see pictures, browse deals, and even change my mind, so long as I do it before I submit my order. Then, since Papa John's is across the street, I get yummy goodness in about 25 minutes, like I did for lunch before I came to work today.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I don't know about Papa John's, but Pizza Hut will let you order ahead. So you can order for lunch, while it's still breakfast.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                  Those are three pet peeves of mine when I go anywhere like a pizza place. We have a Pizza Hut delivery center and a few Papa John's. It got to where I would not go in to them anymore because only one person would work the front, and it was always the moment I walked in, the phone would ring with someone like that having to have the entire menu read to them. These days, there's the internet for that, plus you should pick up a carry out menu if you visit one of those places.

The ones who say "What do you want?" to the person in the background, it's irritating being people at my house always have to tell me what they want before I dial the restaurant's number.

The ones that take their sweet-ass time deciding what they want, again, you should know this already for God's sake!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                    My dad's pretty good with deliveries, but once he ordered fries at the Tim Horton's drive-thru (he thought it was burger king, which was next door). We still laugh at him for that.

That's pretty funny. It's kind of like the time that my dad wasn't able to find Popeye's Chicken. Not once, but twice! First time was back in 1984, we went to Disney World and he went out to get Popeye's while the rest of us stayed at the hotel. He came back later on, and told us how embarrassed he was that he walked into a Burger King next door, wondering where the hell Popeye's was.

Then, in 1985, we met him for lunch at his work place, and he drove us to Popeye's for lunch. When we got there, we wondered why we were parking at the McDonald's next to it! It was strike two against Dad!
                    Last edited by greensinestro; 11-08-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I feel lucky- my dad's exactly the opposite. He always writes out what he wants before hand, and if it's Domino's he always orders the same thing anyway. He's off the phone in 5 minutes. He's a pretty good tipper too. I wonder if I can get my parents to order pizza tomorrow?
                      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
                      X