This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get.out.of.my.way!

Was shopping last night and managed to get the most difficult and stubborn trolley that was ever made. It was stiff and pulled hard to the left. I should have gone back to get another, but it was actually the only dry one I had found so I figured, whatever I wasn't going to be long.

Went down one isle and there was a couple standing in the middle, taking up the isle with their trolley, and standing either side of it looking at some items and discussing it.

I said excuse me, they didn't even look up or acknowledge me, I said it again, a little louder...nothing once again...I said it LOUDER this time...STILL nothing...so I said "FINE just stand there!" and forced my way round...I managed to squeeze past without hitting the guy, but OMG people just GET OUT OF THE WAY! I was polite...at least acknowledge me! (oh and yes when I said FINE just stand there I got a dirty look) figures
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

What I don't understand is people (women are particularly guilty of this), who park their trolley at one end of the aisle and then wander up TO THE OTHER END shopping and then come back. And most of the time the trolley is right in the middle of the aisle. So when you come across it, there's no one near it and you don't know who it belongs to.

A lot of women were leaving their open handbags in the seat part and getting stuff stolen, so now there are signs all over the stores warning about that.

Whenever I see an unattended trolley in my way, I get behind it and give it a hard shove up the aisle, then let it go until it stops on it's own
    Haven't had anyone tell me off for it, but the day they do, they will cop an earful of abuse, the likes of which they will NEVER forget.

I sooooo hate people sometimes!
    Total surrender
    Your touch is so tender
    Your skin is like water on a burning beach
    And it brings me relief
    "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
      What I don't understand is people (women are particularly guilty of this), who park their trolley at one end of the aisle and then wander up TO THE OTHER END shopping and then come back. And most of the time the trolley is right in the middle of the aisle. So when you come across it, there's no one near it and you don't know who it belongs to.
      *checks for boy bits still being intact. Yep, they are* Hey, I'm a guy who does that, though only when the aisle I need to shop in is so blocked up by carts that it is not possible to go down the aisle, or around and come back the other side. That happens far more often than I'd like to see, too.

Anyway, just so you know, sometimes there is a reason. And if you could push that cart down that aisle at all, I'd be mighty impressed. I don't give up on such too easily

Comment

My mom usually does that, but has me stay with the cart. I don't know if she does it when I'm not around. I'll have to ask.
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

A lot of women were leaving their open handbags in the seat part and getting stuff stolen, so now there are signs all over the stores warning about that.
          I will park my cart only if I can see getting it down the aisle will be difficult, and if I know what I am looking for and where to find it. Then I will park and grab it quick and go back. If I'm just browsing the aisle and not really looking for anything in particular, I won't even bother going down it. Though usually I just use a hand basket - limits the amount of impulse items I can fit in there!

And I never leave my bag in the cart!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X