Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving in the rain today....so much fun!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
    And they were just putting along without any taillights to clue in drivers behind them.
    Now, honestly, THAT is a situation that I think would justify calling the cops. Driving too slowly like that is more of a hazard than speeding!
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
      Now, honestly, THAT is a situation that I think would justify calling the cops. Driving too slowly like that is more of a hazard than speeding!
      If only I'd thought of it at the time (and had known the number to contact the Colorado State Troopers). I'm just glad we didn't hit the idiot, since it was Hubby (Fiance at the time), Sister, and I in Sister's brand new car, making the cross-country drive back to college.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I always have my headlights on, even when conditions are nice. I've been doing it since I first started driving in 1977. I used to laugh at people honking at me and hollering that my headlights were on back then. Of course they were! I wanted to be visible! I do not yet have a vehicle that has the automatic lights (DH does), but it's still part of my starting routine, including seat belts. At least the current vehicle does have the dinger that tells me if I've left the lights on when I park.
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
          I always have my headlights on, even when conditions are nice. I've been doing it since I first started driving in 1977.
          So what about the ones with the "Daytime Running Lights" for just that purpose?
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I've got the daytime running lights, and I've never had anyone honk at me to tell me my lights were on. I think too many people are used to it now.

Speaking of driving really slow... I almost had someone hit me the other night because they were driving around 50 mph in a 65 mph zone, and I was driving around 70-75 mph. So I start passing this guy, and as I'm beginning to approach, he starts drifting into my lane pretty quickly. I had to slam on my brakes and horn, and he (or she, didn't really look) slowly drifted back to his lane. I'm thinking he was plastered out of his mind (ie really drunk) since if he were falling asleep or not paying attention he would have moved out of my lane faster than he did. And that's sad, because it was around 9:00 at night!
            Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
            Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
            The Office

Comment

While motorists who don't turn the lights on bothers me, cyclist and walkers who don't wear reflective clothing, exercise on the correct side of the road, decide that they can walk in the middle and avoid the shoulder bother me the most. Once I was behind a police car and we were going around a blind corner, all of a sudden his slams on his brakes and hits his lights. He had almost hit two cyclists RIDING I THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AT NIGHT WITH NO LIGHTS OR REFLECTORS!

Comment

Tonight it's snowing by me. I went to the holiday parade in town with some of my friends. (It was damn cold. I had on two layers of clothes under my coat and I was still a bit chilly).

After the parade, we went to Mickey D's for some grub and encountered two crunchy-crunchy bumpers and one near miss. Thing is, the snow isn't really sticking to the roads but it does stick to cars.

People around here should be used to driving in snow, but it's as if they forget how to during the summer.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                X