This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser pointer hording loser

So Friday night, a girlfriend and I went shopping. We were walking towards one of the entrances when we noticed some nerdy looking loser sitting on the sidewalk by the decorative rock gardens giggling to himself. As we approached, we noticed that he had a laser pointer, and he was pointing it at every woman who happened to walk by. He pointed it at my friend's breasts, and then mine.

We got closer and he was still laughing and pointing away. I gave him a Look like I was going to pummel him and send him crying back home to his mother's basement, so he started aiming it towards the ground, like when people play with their cats and shoot it towards the floor and the walls.

I told him "If you point that thing at me one more time, I'm going to shove it so far up your fat ass that you'll be shitting red laser Skittles!"

He just kept giggling away. We went inside and didn't see him again for the rest of our trip.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

At least he wasn't pointing it in people's eyes. A few years ago, there was an incident where some loser almost blinded a ride operator at Hersheypark with one.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Laser pointers are SO 2000.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        At least he wasn't pointing it in people's eyes. A few years ago, there was an incident where some loser almost blinded a ride operator at Hersheypark with one.
        A few months ago somebody temporarily blinded a pilot with one. The co-pilot made a routine landing and the pilot recovered a few hours later, but it's still scary.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          A few months ago somebody temporarily blinded a pilot with one. The co-pilot made a routine landing and the pilot recovered a few hours later, but it's still scary.
          And don't forget the incident where a couple punks flashed one on the eyes of an old guy and he nearly shot them, thinking it was the laser scope off a gun.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

My husband got a laser pointer to the eye once, and says that eye's never been quite the same.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I pointed one of those things at my eye once, to see what the fuss was about, and absolutely nothing happened. It surprised to see how bright the light actually is, but it wasn't blinding or anything. Thus, I am quite skeptical of all these stories of blind pilots.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                And don't forget the incident where a couple punks flashed one on the eyes of an old guy and he nearly shot them, thinking it was the laser scope off a gun.

Now thats karma.

Re the pilots, its an offence to point a laser above the horizon (and to endanger an aircraft, but thats just a boring law, lasers are *exciting*)
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Laser safety eye chart

D
                  O N
                  O T S
                  T A R E
                  A T B E A
                  M W I T H R
                  E M A I N I N
                  G G O O D E Y E

Kidding aside, that guy is playing with fire. Any kind of laser can be harmful to the eyes, be it a laser pointer, a bar code scanner, what have you. I kinda wish he'd taken the OP up on the offer, he could have used the beat down.
                  A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Laser pointers are SO 2000.
                    And yet I still don't own one.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't see what's wrong with laser pointers. The cat loves the damn thing and it means I don't need to walk around with a shoelace for him to chace.

Yes I'm somewhat lazy when it comes to kitty's exercise time.

But yeah, no playing with lasers where it could get in someone's eye. That's why I don't allow my 5 year old cousin to play with it when I've watched her.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth valhar2000 View Post
                        . It surprised to see how bright the light actually is, but it wasn't blinding or anything. Thus, I am quite skeptical of all these stories of blind pilots.
                        If its a night flight then they can be very blinding, its due to the fact that laser light doesn't stray from its path, ie it doesn't diffuse and retains its power no matter how far away you are from it.
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                          If its a night flight then they can be very blinding, its due to the fact that laser light doesn't stray from its path, ie it doesn't diffuse and retains its power no matter how far away you are from it.
                          You can also get some that are extremely high powered. Some, which I believe were in the first batch, then pulled off the market, were proven to do irreversable damage in 2.1 seconds
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            You can also get some that are extremely high powered. Some, which I believe were in the first batch, then pulled off the market, were proven to do irreversable damage in 2.1 seconds
                            http://www.allegro.pl/item261967538.html
                            Apparently, this is a laser-pointer-sized 200mW laser capable of burning through fabrics and paper. Scary.

My question is - what exactly is the point of having such things available for the general public?
                            I'd understand enthusiasts, but then they could have much less-convenient form factors.
                            Last edited by PaRaGaS; 10-31-2007, 01:58 AM.
                            Music: Last.fm
                            Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

I was pissed that he was aiming it at women especially our breasts!
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X