This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post
    We won't talk about what happened to the guy who wouldn't shut up on his cell phone.
    Did they need a Proctologist afterwards?
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Gurn:
      It strikes me as being under the influence of something not sold over-the-counter.
      Yeah thats a distinct possibility. But can you call it a mind altering affect if there is no mind left to alter?

Comment

Theater staff? People around them waited that long? I've seen patrons shove an empty (mostly) popcorn bucket on the offender's head for that sort of thing. We won't talk about what happened to the guy who wouldn't shut up on his cell phone.
        Well, they were doing it during the commercials, so no one really cared yet, but an employee saw it and said something to them while the previews were still playing. I wasn't close enough to hear but I'm sure it was something along the lines off "knock it off or leave"...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          Did they need a Proctologist afterwards?
          No, but I might have, maybe, you know...um...taken it, screamed, "He's in a G**D***ed movie!" into it, and slid it under the seats a few rows.

Then people started kicking it...I think it ended up travelling about 50 feet total.

I don't really suggest losing your temper like this, but in my defense, it was LotR: Fellowship of the Ring, and he was talking during the shire scene with the Ringwraiths for at least five minutes..
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

No, but I might have, maybe, you know...um...taken it, screamed, "He's in a G**D***ed movie!" into it, and slid it under the seats a few rows.
            It may not have been the best response, but hell with it. That's so full of win. If the guy had any sense, that had to be a major wake-up call to his asshattery.
            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Then people started kicking it...I think it ended up travelling about 50 feet total.

I don't really suggest losing your temper like this, but in my defense, it was LotR: Fellowship of the Ring, and he was talking during the shire scene with the Ringwraiths for at least five minutes..
              And he didn't clean it off in a bottle of ${liquid} then sue you for breaking it? :P
              Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
              Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

For that, you would've been justified dragging him out into the street and shooting him in the face with a rabid gerbil. A little tiny bit of drama like that is almost TOO kind.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

My LOTR cell phone experience cinsisted of the phone owner saying "I'm in a movie, call you back later" and turning the phone off. And that's why I believe in miracles.

Comment

Oh, honey, but I do. I so suggest losing your temper like this.

I mean, you could have just called him an asshole, yelled at him, whatever, but no. You let everyone have a piece of kicking his cell. You...Oh, my gosh...

Oh, man, I think I have a crush on you now.

Bet the sumbitch thinks twice before doing it again.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                      On the lighter side, at least he wasn't actually physically touching them.

Not every male in the species is obsessed with breasts. It might have just been a fluke that the dot ended up focused in that area at some point.
                      It might.

But that sure ain't the way I'd place the bet.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Laser pointers are SO 2000.
                        I use one at work all the time. We put the woo woo (new age, metaphysics, occult, whatever you want to call it) section almost right in front of the counter because the people who shop there couldn't understand "aisle 5a" when they asked where it was, and it was the most shoplifted part of the store.

Anyway, that isn't simple enough for those people. they can't follow the line defined by my finger when I point and say right there. I need the laser pointer so they don't get lost.
                        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Geek King: that was perfectly reasonable behavior on your part. Leaving it turned on and then placing it into his small intestines (by either route) would have been equally accepatable behavior for that during LOTR....

Healy:
                          they can't follow the line defined by my finger when I point and say right there. I need the laser pointer so they don't get lost.
                          If you turn it off before they get there do they fall into the river? (ohio vs kentucky joke)

Comment

Working...
                          X