This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
    The one I really don't understand is "Oriental". It had to become "Asian"? Sorry, that really doesn't make sense. If I want to describe someone with the appearance of having ancestors from the greater China area (including Japan, Korea, and all other countries that have had a lot of traffic with China), I want a word that describes that area, and only that area. Asia is a freaking huge place, including Russia, India, the Middle East, and all the smaller countries around those places. And each of those places has different physical characteristics, different cultures, and so forth.
    THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the blatant stupidity of that.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

• OK, folks...the whole "Oriental vs. Asian" thing was discussed ages ago in a thread that almost ended up closed.

What does the political correctness of the words, "negro" or "Oriental" have to do with a woman with really poor self esteem freaking out over having to wear an outfit with a size that was larger than she wanted?

Let's return to the topic at hand.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X