This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering pizza the old-fashioned way

My fiance and I don't use our kitchen at this point for a number of reasons. Thankfully, we can sort of afford to order in most nights and his parents are near enough, they let us raid the fridge.

My fiance calls on his way home from work. He wants me to order pizza for dinner. Okay, that's cool. I get online and pull up a certain pizza franchise's website.

Only there's something wrong with it. It won't get any further than an error message for the prelogin. So, okay, I call the place.

Me: TwoScoopsSciath, Red-Hat Vigilante and Hungry NaNoite
    PL: The woman on the other end of the phone

PL:...hello?
    Me: Yes, Hi! I'd like to place an order for delivery.
    PL:...Phone number?
    Me: XXX-XXX-XXXX
    PL:...Name?
    Me: Sciath Touskoups
    PL: Okay, what kind of pizza?
    Me: A large, please, half bacon and pepperoni, half pineapple ((This will be important))
    PL: ...What? The Works?
    Me: No, no,(repeat order)
    PL:...Okay, bye.(click)

I'm hungry, mildly dehydrated and not decent (in my pjs), so fiance answers the door. The exchange first runs through the fact that nobody took down my card info. So fiance spends 15 minutes clearing that up, because we don't have cash. Then he checks the pizza after the delivery guy walks away. I hear the door slam open and he runs out. Comes back and I hear him say, "No, no, not your fault, but I would like a different pizza. The one my fiance ordered."

They had given us the Works. Then fiance tells me that, apparently, they insisted I hung up before giving them my card info.

We got a card for a free pizza, though!

That happens occasionally. Sometimes people don't listen and just give you what they think you want. Happened at that one McDonalds all the time. They felt "only ketchup" meant everything BUT ketchup.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

That is exactly why I LOVE online ordering and get super frustrated when it goes down. It makes me happy that I can click on the toppings I want, enter my info at my leisure, don't have to worry about anyone mishearing, and can give special instructions.

Just tonight, we ordered Jimmy John's at work and yet again, they forgot my salt&vinegar chips.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Mmmmmm Myswtghst - salt & vinegar chips. I miss having those! I'm the only one in the family that likes those - hubby thinks I'm weird!

I love ordering online too .... So much easier. So much fun! Plus I get to find coupons I didn't know they had. Right now I'm a Pizza Hut kick, but hubby hates them so now I'm down to Papa John's () or Domino's. *le sigh*

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
          Right now I'm a Pizza Hut kick, but hubby hates them so now I'm down to Papa John's () or Domino's. *le sigh*
          Tell you what. You and me can have Pizza Hut and your man and JustADude can find a Papa John's.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
            That is exactly why I LOVE online ordering and get super frustrated when it goes down. It makes me happy that I can click on the toppings I want, enter my info at my leisure, don't have to worry about anyone mishearing, and can give special instructions.

Just tonight, we ordered Jimmy John's at work and yet again, they forgot my salt&vinegar chips.
            Love the Jimmy! Hehe, JJ's is a great place to eat, even if the corporate owner is a horribly racist prick (had to sit through his jokes during my manager training course... horrible). I wouldn't suggest working for them as more than crew/drivers, though. They're taught that managers should work 60+ hours a week on salary, and basically be slaves to the whims of their corporate masters [/rant]

Sucks that they keep messing up your order, though. At my old JJ's, I was pissed off if we had one order a night go out wrong/late. They drill that perfectionist streak into you with their ridiculous audits. One of the cleanest places you'll ever work or eat, though. "Your mouth isn't watering, it's crying. For Jimmy John's"
            If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
              Right now I'm a Pizza Hut kick, but hubby hates them so now I'm down to Papa John's () or Domino's. *le sigh*
              You too, huh? I love the Pizza Hut Crusts.

Comment

YAY for Becky & Two Scoops! Pizza Hut is the way to go.

I love all their crusts and I love all their specialties. Last week, I ordered a large, stuffed crust, Cheese Lover's specialty pizza. (For me, one can never have too much cheese on one's pizza).

As for the OT, I'll have to say - ordering over the phone is not fun. Especially when they're busy or when the person doesn't pay any attention to you. Online ordering all the way baby!

Comment

Sadly, the fiance hates Pizza Hut and I'll admit, Pizza Hut crusts don't dip into garlic sauce well. But, they're sooooo butterlicious!

Comment

Working...
                  X