This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm the best customer ever! (????)

I went to Subway after work this morning. I probably order the easiest sandwhich to make. Footlong turkey on white with cheddar cheese and lots of mayo.

The girl made my sandwich and said "Wow, that's the easiest one I've made in days! You should come in more often! Hell, people like you should be the ones coming through the drive-thru!"

I said "Please don't tell me those uber specific people go through the drive thru telling you 'I want 3 pickles, one spritz, now I mean ONE spritz of mayo'"

She said "Yes! And they don't realize we are making it as we go along..!"

I said "The way I see it, people go to Subway to eat healthy. You guys shouldn't have a drivethru. And hell, the whole point of this place is so you can watch your FRESH sandwich being made right in front of you."

She agreed and gave me my change and I said "I never worked fast food, but I've dealt with enough retarded customers to know to never lose my cool or act like a bitch unless it's an extreme circumstance.....so have a good day and I'm glad I made it easy on ya!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Oy... yeah, going to Subway means you're going to have a freshly made sandwhich that is typically better for you than most other fast food fare these days. Freshly made food + drivethru = Tons o' SCs. My favorite is the Buffalo chicken sub. I get it with lettuce, cheese, and ranch dressing. (Yeah... I don't go for the health food, obviously. ) My wife likes to get all kinds of toppings on hers, but thankfully, Subway organizes their topping tubs just right. I can tell them, "She wants everything except these three.", and I can point to the sweet peppers, banana peppers, and jalapenos in one shot since they are grouped right there together.

This reminds me of a story a Subway worker at a local mall told me. Apparently, they offer (not sure if they do now) two types of mayo. Regular, and Hellman's. This guy came through, and ordered Hellman's on his sandwhich. The girl put regular on it by force of habit. Now, the guy can either point out the mistake, and let the girl correct it, or he can go apeshit and become SC. Guess which way he went? However, he went one step further. He took the sandwhich, and threw it right in this girl's face point blank in a fit of rage, then demanded she fix him a new one. She did, to get him the hell out of there, but when she told me the story I was like WTF? The girl was so nice, all the guy had to do was point it out and she would have fixed it for him, because she knew she'd made an honest mistake. That's one thing I always make sure of when I'm out. When someone makes a mistake, I don't get on them for it. Most of the time, I'll eat it anyway, despite the fact they're apologizing and offering to fix it! Food's food, unless it's something that I can't stomach without puking, then I might point it out politely and they'll fix it right up.
    Last edited by IT Grunt; 11-09-2007, 02:51 PM.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I think my chosen Subway sandwich of choice is one of the easiest, also.

Footlong turkey on Italian, tomatoes, onions, a teensy bit of lettuce and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

Yummy.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
        He took the sandwhich, and threw it right in this girl's face point blank in a fit of rage,
        He wasn't arrested for assualt why? Seriously, if he's that fussy about his mayo he needs to cut down on his caffiene intake and reduce the steroids.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Subways in your area have drive-thrus? And I thought we Texans loved our cars!
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

They love me too. Footlong beef with cheese on whatever bread they grab first. No sauce, no salad, no salt and pepper. The only demand I make is new gloves and a clean knife. Damned onion allergy!

Comment

Oh we could start a whole thread on folks who misuse the drive through (special orders, or a car load of people, or ordering for 4 or more people, etc.)

Comment

The woman in front of me at McDonalds today! A van FULL of kids and it took nearly 10 minutes for her to order and of course she had to pull over to wait for her food and she decided it'd be just fine to park in such a way that everyone had to back up and fancy maneuver to get around her!
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We kicked people out with the banhammer for throwing CDs at us. I can't imagine letting someone who threw a sandwich at anyone continue his purchase. Sometimes you have to stand up to the bullies.

Comment

Quoth MadRocketScientist View Post
                    Oh we could start a whole thread on folks who misuse the drive through (special orders, or a car load of people, or ordering for 4 or more people, etc.)

Oy Veh. Brings me back to my old days as a drive-thru guy for McDonald's. Some people really believe that drive-thru is a great way to order $40+ worth of food and don't seem to get that Lots of food=Lots of time to prepare. The look on their faces upon being told about the wait was always entertaining, and the suggestions to "Call ahead!" were routinely ignored.
                    Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      She said "Yes! And they don't realize we are making it as we go along..!"
                      I don't understand, is she complaining because people ask for specific orders or because people get really snotty and bitchy about it. If she is complaining about people getting snotty and rude about it, I understand that...but if she is just complaining about people wanting specific orders...well..isn't up to the individual what they want on their sub..no matter how specific?

Sorry if I am misunderstanding the post

Comment

I LOVE Subway and I'm always afraid the employees hate me. I usually get a veggie with no cheese, all the veggies except bell peppers and cucumbers, extra jalapenos, and honey mustard and vinegar. I'm sure it's a real joy to make. :/

Comment

What are these Subways with drive-thrus of which you speak?

There are four Subways in my town that I know of--one in a nearby gas station which is the one I visit most frequently, one downtown, one in the Wally World Supercenter, and one down the street from there by the Interstate. And none of them have drive-thrus I think.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
                            I don't understand, is she complaining because people ask for specific orders or because people get really snotty and bitchy about it.
                            Actually, it seems like she's complaining because people at the drive-through rattle off their order very quickly, and they're unable to keep up, because the order doesn't get written down, but instead made as it's ordered.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              Actually, it seems like she's complaining because people at the drive-through rattle off their order very quickly, and they're unable to keep up, because the order doesn't get written down, but instead made as it's ordered.
                              Ohhhh..ok..I got it now Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X