This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MadRocketScientist View Post
    Oh we could start a whole thread on folks who misuse the drive through (special orders, or a car load of people, or ordering for 4 or more people, etc.)
    I'll admit, I occasionally drive thru and pick up food for my coworkers (up to 6 people), but I do it thusly. I make them go over their orders before I leave, and I expressly forbid complicated orders and special orders requiring more than one comment. I write down said orders on a post-it, and order my money. And I go to the drive thru that has aactual set of parking spaces for waiting for orders to the side, so if my food takes a while, I can pull nice and out of the way and let everyone else get their food.

And I try to make things as easy as possible for my Subway person, especially insofar as waiting til they ask me what I want, etc, to give my order.

Sidenote: Is it just me or does it make other people sad when acting like a rational, polite human being makes you the best customer ever? Because it makes me sad and scared at the same time.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Funny, the people at Subway always look at me funny when I order my six-inch turkey on white with no cheese or dressing. I just want turkey, lettuce, and onions.

"No cheese?"

"No."

"...are you sure?"

"Yes."

"...no dressing?"

"No."

"Not anything?"

"Not anything."

"...okay..."

Well, I COULD get cheese and hang around about half an hour so you can enjoy the mood swings with me...

And I just don't like wet stuff on my food...
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

That's why when I worked at a cafeteria Subway (briefly) I always asked "Do you want any kind of cheese?" and then "Anything else?" and not presume every customer wants chesse or goop all over their sandwich (I certainly don't like gunk on my sandwiches; cheese only on burgers, and in the case of Subway, foot long PIPING hot grilled chicken (NOTHING ELSE) on toasted white seasoned bread).

Comment

Gah, I hate Subway. They skimp on fillings. I used to tolerate it because they were cheap, but now they are expensive and still skimp.

It's too bad in don't still live in San Jose. Togo's pastrami makes the olympians say "I'm sick of this ambrosia crap, lets get something good".
          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
            Togo's pastrami makes the olympians say "I'm sick of this ambrosia crap, lets get something good".
            Sounds kinda like the food I had when I was up in Little Italy in NYC years ago.

Someone must have really liked me that day, because I caught a whiff of something coming out of a little hold-in-the-wall place just as I was thinking about grabbing a bite. The smell pretty much reached down through my nose and HAULED me into that place by my stomach. Ever since, I've been half way thinking about another trip to NYC just to go eat there again. Even the food at $80/person gourmet Italian places hasn't compared to that stuff.

Grrr, now I made myself hungry!
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
              Gah, I hate Subway. They skimp on fillings. I used to tolerate it because they were cheap, but now they are expensive and still skimp.
              *smugness* The Subway I go to doesn't. They rock.

I either have a Meatball Marinara with cheese, tomato slices and BBQ sauce or an Italian BMT with cheese, tomatoes and green peppers and BBQ sauce. I choose the cheese and herb bread, and I'm always nice, cuz I love Subway. ^^ I've been going there all the time recently. And their cookies are yum.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
              X