This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy suck..

So I was in Best Buy to buy some blank media. They were out so I found an associate to see if there was more available.

While he was helping me another associate came to him asking about a laptop a customer wants to buy.

To quote the customer: "I need a high-end gaming laptop for my (pre-teen) son. A friend of mine can get me one for $500 and I'm wondering if I can get it here"

I didn't mind waiting a few minutes. She specified that it needed "graphics ability" and the ability to play music. Can you say completely new to computer shopping?

Her son said he wanted only for basic game playing, then spurts out a list of the newest games out there. Basic my rear.

They're telling the customer that the lest she'll be able to spend is $800 but for a good gaming machine, especially on a laptop, at least $1500. Not unreasonable. She's still insisting her friend can get her a top of the line laptop for under $500.

They go back and fourth for a few minutes. She's insisting that the $1500 laptop can be sold to her for $500 since her friend can get her one for $500. I'm tired of this so I pipe in "The laptop is most likely stolen for that price. Can we continue on with the media?".

The lady was speechless and when we got to he counter to see if more media was available (and the customer was out of ear range) the rep thanked me for the comment they were not allowed to make.

ANd, to the lady I spent 10 minutes waiting at the check out. The check out is not the place to play 20,000 questions about guitar hero. You should have covered that with the sales reps since cashiers are not normally the most knowledgeable on these matters (I said usually, some do know their stuff). Also, this game will NOT make your son the next rock star. Although I do have to admit it , the cashier was pretty smooth to be able to sell an extended warranty on a VIDEO GAME. I don't trust extended warranties, but this customer deserved it with all of her ignorance.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

"Also, this game will NOT make your son the next rock star."

Well no, it won't But it is a pretty good basic. Also, if you don't like playing the game, you won't like playing real gutar. Of course, only lessons and a year or two in training will make you any good.

Oh and, 500$ for a top of the line laptop? Sounds like something I could get my hands on, not. 1500$ is the most reasonable price for something like this.
    http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
    Melody Gardot

Comment

I could probably do it for a desktop - if I assembled it myself, and used my existing screen, had no other peripherals, and either picked up stuff like the case secondhand or used ones I already have.

Depends on how 'top of the line' you want it, I guess. Also, I haven't looked at parts prices for the 'top of the line' stuff lately.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Good line about the stolen laptop! As for Guitar Hero, man do I suck at that game. My brother has it and I was awful.
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
          "Well no, it won't But it is a pretty good basic. Also, if you don't like playing the game, you won't like playing real gutar. Of course, only lessons and a year or two in training will make you any good.
          Just like beating the crap out of Tiger Woods 07/08 for Wii makes you a good golfer, right?
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
            Just like beating the crap out of Tiger Woods 07/08 for Wii makes you a good golfer, right?
            Or just like how mastering some of the songs on DDR will make you a master at dance.
            Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
              Or just like how mastering some of the songs on DDR will make you a master at dance.
              Exactly!

...that's what alcohol is for.
              "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                Good line about the stolen laptop! As for Guitar Hero, man do I suck at that game. My brother has it and I was awful.
                Don't feel too bad. I can get through Normal mode, but once you add in that fifth fret button I'm toast. Somehow, the fingers that can manage Call of Duty 4 on the hardest setting can't seem to work five buttons at once.

S'ok, I like the songs, and have fun. We should play online. We could call the band "Errors"
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

What ?!? You mean my hours of sing star WON"T make me the next Australian Idol? That's just not fair!

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Also, this game will NOT make your son the next rock star.
                    Suddenly, I am reminded of this:
                    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=232

Comment

I could probably get a top of the line laptop for $500 if I wanted to call up some old friends, but for damn sure it'd be stolen

instead I got a $500 laptop for $450 at Wal Mart

Comment

Working...
                      X