This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am your personal directory

I was doing some shopping a few minutes ago at a grocery store. Now, I do not, nor have I ever worked in this store. I was also not wearing anything resembling a uniform (I was wearing my 49ers t-shirt, cargo pants, and my 49ers shoes). I wouldn't have minded this too much if it weren't for this customer's attitude and belief that other customers are there to serve her.

I am walking through the store with my cart. I have my orange juice, limeade, cranberry juice, and two Digiorno pizzas.

This lady has practically been following me through the entire store.

Me:
    SC: You know the drill.

I am in the bottled juice aisle (where Juicy Juice and other non-refrigerated juiced are kept)

SC: Hey hey excuse me hey!
    Me: *WTF* Yes?
    SC: Where did you get your orange juice?
    Me: It's at the other end of the store. They keep the OJ refrigerated.
    SC: *HEAVY SIGH, EYE ROLL* all right, god, stomps off.
    Me: You're welcome!

Not even a thank you. Some people are seriously just rude, inconsiderate, and ultra entitled.

Isn't OJ usually refrigerated? I think it's a safe bet that certain products will always be found in the refrigerated section, no matter what store you're in. And the refrigerated stuff tends to be around the perimeter of most stores. Walk around the outside walls and you will most likely come to it eventually.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Isn't OJ usually refrigerated? I think it's a safe bet that certain products will always be found in the refrigerated section, no matter what store you're in. And the refrigerated stuff tends to be around the perimeter of most stores. Walk around the outside walls and you will most likely come to it eventually.
      She wasn't that bright. She obviously was relying on my vast knowledge of a grocery store layout.

Comment

I use to work at grocery store A. I'm shopping in grocery store B because they have a few things that I need that were cheaper there. I meet a regular customer of store A in the produce section of store B. She gets all pissed at me when I told her I didn't know where the Kraft Parmesan cheese was. I guess she assumed because I worked at a grocery store that I knew the layout of every one, even the competitors. By the way, that store kept the Parmesan cheese in with the ethnic foods (along with the taco shells and ramen noodles) and not with the pasta and sauce. Go figure.

By the way, I almost learned the hard way that it's not a good idea to wear your grocery store A uniform into grocery store B. The manager on duty once asked me if he could take my picture under the store sign and use it in their in-store advertising. I gracefully declined and got the heck out of there. I can see the sign now.

"EVEN STORE A EMPLOYEES SHOP HERE AT STORE B"

Which, when my boss found out about it would undoubtedly mean that I would be applying for a job at Store B.
        Last edited by bigjimaz; 11-11-2007, 08:56 PM.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
          She gets all pissed at me when I told her I didn't know where the Kraft Parmesan cheese was.
          See, I just don't get people like that. For starters you don't work in Store B so you should not be expected to know the layout of that store. Secondly, every grocery store I have ever been in has gigantic signs above the aisles telling you what can be found in them. Customers have become so entitled they feel they can harass other customers to help them. Assholes.

By the way, my two favorite teams (NFL and College) are the San Francisco 49ers and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. I was proudly displaying my colors today, however, people should know better than to mess with fans of a 2-6 team

Add the Niners and Irish together and we have a grand total of 3 wins, so I am usually in the best moods.

Comment

slightly off topic, but my grocery store has oj in 1 litre tetra packs unrefridgerated, so I can see some annoyance on her part with that, but otherwise she's a total wanker.
            I backtrack through the store so much I pity anyone trying to follow me.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

What a bitch! She probably expected you to walk her to the orange juice. Probably even wanted you to select a particular carton for her and place it in her cart. "Here you go, your highness. Shall I pour you a glass as well?" I wonder why she targeted you and you alone? Why didn't she find an actual EMPLOYEE of the store and have them help her out? God, what's wrong with people!
              My Myspace, add me!

Comment

It wouldn't have been sucky if it weren't for her tone, of course. *shrugs*

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                By the way, my two favorite teams (NFL and College) are the San Francisco 49ers and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. I was proudly displaying my colors today, however, people should know better than to mess with fans of a 2-6 team
                So, by that same token, when I don't want to be bothered, I should wear my Dolphins jerseys? After all, you really don't want to mess with the fans of a team that's winless into their bye week.
                Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth Arcade Man D View Post
                  when I don't want to be bothered, I should wear my Dolphins jerseys? After all, you really don't want to mess with the fans of a team that's winless into their bye week.
                  Indeed. We could very easily be winless as well. Our 2-0 start came off of very lucky 4th quarter events.

Comment

Working...
                  X