X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops at Starbucks...

Coulda been sucky but wasn't

I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work yesterday morning and ordered my usual grande skim hot chocolate (yes, I know they call it nonfat but I refuse to say it - I refuse to be Starbuckitized! besides that's too many syllables for 730 in the morning). When I took a sip it didn't taste right...and I thought "damn, I don't have time for this!" I took another sip to figure out what was wrong...at first I thought she made chai by mistake, but no...it was hot chocolate...and cinnamon! I'm guessing she accidentally put cinnamon dolce syrup instead of vanilla.

Turns out...it was Yummy!!

So I didn't have to wait for a new drink and I wasn't late for work.

I went again this morning and while I waited I was looking at all the syrup bottles to figure out which one it was. So I can get it again tomorrow
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

I <3 cinnamon in my hot chocolate...I tend to get the cinnamon from the little stand with the napkins and dump a bunch in my mochas when I go to Sbucks. I love when a mistake turns out to be even better than "the usual."
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I have made it at home, actually, with Ghirardelli Double Chocolate hot chocolate mix and just add some cinnamon, but I never thought to ask for it at Starbucks. I like their peppermint HC around the holidays, too.

Comment

Mmmm...serendipity.
        "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

And I found out today that they are coming out with sugar-free gingerbread syrup for the holidays - as the only person in my family who loves gingerbread, I can't wait to get some in my coffee.

Oh and the cinnamon dolce - is soooo good, no matter what you put it in - coffee, tea, hot cocoa - it's goooood. Yum.
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
          --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

I :heart: cinnamon in my coffee (and cocoa).
            Take your regular old coffee at home, put a dallop of Cool Whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon on the top and see how different it tastes. It's awesome.

I use the Coffeemate Hazelnut cream, Cool Whip, cinnamon. So good.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

The Pumpkin Spice Lattes are amazing, too. It's like drinking a pumpkin pie.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth MamaMootz View Post
                Oh and the cinnamon dolce - is soooo good, no matter what you put it in - coffee, tea, hot cocoa - it's goooood. Yum.
                I find their cinnamon dolce latte is better iced, not hot, but that's just my opinion. Also, their toffee nut latte = yum! And their peppermint mocha latte, and ALL their teas! Much love here for their Green Ginger tea I tried their peppermint white chocolate mocha latte the other day and thought it was too sweet...
                Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                The Office

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  I stopped at Starbucks on my way to work yesterday morning and ordered my usual grande skim hot chocolate (yes, I know they call it nonfat but I refuse to say it - I refuse to be Starbuckitized!
                  Too late!

Don't get me started on how Starbucks is arrogant enough to offer three sizes of Large.

Also too late!

Tall: English for Large. Smaller people are not known to shop at the Big & Tall stores.
                  Grande: Spanish for Large. Go to any Mexican eatery and their Grande meals are specifically not medium.
                  Venti: Italian for Large

I've been known to rant longer, but I'm not gonna.
                  Last edited by Flood; 11-15-2007, 12:36 AM. Reason: mispellations
                  Flood

Comment

Not Starbucks, but.... If anybody ever goes on I80 thru IN, there is a little company called the South Bend Chocolate Comapany, and they have stores in the rest areas on the interstate. They sell all sorts of candy and drinks and some of the *best* hot chocolate on the planet.

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post

Don't get me started on how Starbucks is arrogant enough to offer three sizes of Large.
                      <blink, blink>

You're right, now that I think about it. I must go now to give the office coffee-nazis the worst headache ever.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
                        Too late!

Hehe, I know, I know...but "medium" also has more syllables than "grande." 730 in the morning, remember?

I went this morning and added some cinnamon powder to my drink. Just as I had decided that was enough, the top of the shaker fell off into my drink. (Here's an argument for getting whipped cream: It keeps the cinnamon shaker cap from sinking to the bottom of the cup before you can fish it out!) I gave the shaker to the barista, and said "I don't know if this was someone's idea of fun or what, but the top was loose." She laughed and said, "Yeah, but how much cinnamon is in your cup?" It really wasn't too much (it stayed in the cap) but I told her the cap fell in the cup, and she said "Ew, gimme that back" and started making another one for me. I tried to clean up what spilled on the counter but with only a dry napkin cinnamon powder is a bitch to clean up.

Hope they checked the rest of the shakers...
                        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-16-2007, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X