This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little things click ito big day.

Morning: Oh right, I'm not working today...

10:00: Standing on a "main street" downtown with my Dad while Mom talks business inside about her antique booth. Guy across theroad sits in his cashier char and stares at us. Dad and I stop, and make faces at him. He turns away.

10:05: He decides to stare again. I make a mental note not to offer coupons next time he calls for a delivery (superior pet peeve is staring)

11:00: Chinese buffet place. Yay! Oh crap.. Man, quit piling those three (yes, he carted three around) plates of food... the chicken's alredy falling off of all those plates. Stop adding more! You.. you just emptied one of the five things I eat here ;_;

11:45: Cashier lady, please use your manners and stop yelling in basic Chinese at the sushi guy. Yes, I'm glaring at you. No, I am not a redneck who insults your culture. YEAH. That means I understand you. No, waitress, you don't get a tip either. That's for your rudeness and lack of work ability in a sparsely used half hour.

12:50: Lady in front of me in the line, I am not going to steal your aluminum uhh.. um... tree decorations. Yeah. So quit glaring at me, and quit going "UGH" when I set down cat food. I have a right to use the space behind the little separator. And tell junior to shut up.

1:20: Gah.. city workers are dropping gravel on a ditch right in front of my driveway, as I get up there. Plus, its storming and so windy the vehicle is knocking. No no, Mom n Dad, I'll walk the fifty feet. I've had enough minor annoyances to count a big one today.

I love a good buffet place. Take a book, gentle grazing, where's those two hours go?
    ludo ergo sum

Comment

there isn't much i eat at chinese buffets. if someone cleaned out the chicken and broccoli i'd be stuck with rice and jello.

here's to a better day tomorrow
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I stumbled upon an amazing chinese buffet while helping a friend (at the time, he was, he's not any longer) where the best items on the tables was crab meat baked under cheese. It was probably soaked in something... but it was damn tasty.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
        X