Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One my boyfriend saw- Sucky man Pwned by staff member.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One my boyfriend saw- Sucky man Pwned by staff member.

He was in Iceland (cheap frozen groceries), buying himself some corpse, and me some frozen veg (Oh, frozen veg, How I love thee).
    On the other till from him was a man screaming and shouting at the assistant over the fact his card was being rejected. I mean properly YELLING.

Now, if my card is rejected in a shop I go 'Oh, dear, must have less money than I thought' and come back and buy it when I have a little more. And am kind of embarrassed about it and apologetic for wasting the assistants time.

But no, he was yelling, because you know, it's HER fault the card's being refused, not his or the bank.

So, after a little while of this (Jos is hanging around in case things get aggressive from him, Jos is a big guy and can calm down most violent situations just by looming) she very clamly (and loudly enough for all the tills to hear) states:
    "I'm very sorry your card is being rejected, sir, but this is not my fault. I would suggest you contact your bank. If you don't stop shouting and swearing at me I will call security, and nest time you shop here I will REFUSE to serve you."

As this was said quite loudly, Mr. Canttakeresponsibiltyforhisfinances is STARED at by every customer and assistant at the tills, goes bright red and scurries off. Jos comes home and tells me about it, knowing I will be a happy bunny.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

There's just one word to describe this situation...

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      There's just one word to describe this situation...
      Apparently, someone hasn't heard of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch....
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I have, but that wolf doesn't have one. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I never have understood why when somebody's credit or debit card got declined then the customer acted like it was the cashier's fault. They never wanted to hear how they might not have had as much money in their account as they thought they did. So there they go screaming at the cashier making themlselves look like assholes.
          I know this though:BEFORE I even think about walking into a store I make sure that whatever credit card I'm going to use is FULLY paid up ready to go OR IF I use a debit card then I make sure I have plenty of money in my checking account. So if I don't have either then my sorry ass stays home...lol.
          IF you can't be bothered to check your financial status before shopping then you have no right to get an attitude with the cashier when your card is declined for whatever reason. It's NOT the cashier's fault so DEAL WITH IT!

Comment

The magic button

Its funny i have actually had people say to me "cant you just press a button and let it go through".

If such a button did exist then im sure these people would come in the next day and bitch because i made their account overdrawn.
            Oh yeah? well you have a gambling problem! - Homer Simpson

Protect the beef - Various <prestige> warlocks

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Apparently, someone hasn't heard of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch....
              First, thou shalt pull thy holy pin..............
              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Then count to three. Not 4, not 2, and not 5. 3 is the number that it should be thrown.

Badly paraphrased but oh well.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                  Then count to three. Not 4, not 2, and not 5. 3 is the number that it should be thrown.

Badly paraphrased but oh well.
                  I believe you're thinking of The Book of Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one:

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large...

*ahem*

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

You can pick up your own over at Thinkgeek.com (click pic to go to page)

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

So why does the Chamord bottle look like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?
                      Last edited by Yfandes; 11-20-2007, 06:47 PM. Reason: link removed - shy picture, see link below

Comment

Here's the picture I believe you were going for.

EDIT: That's strange. A second ago your Chambord picture didn't work, but now it does. Oh well, anyone who can't see the picture above can click on "Here's".
                        Last edited by MMATM; 11-20-2007, 05:23 PM. Reason: durrr
                        "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Working...
                        X