This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe some PIZZA?!?!

Last week I was in a certain delicious take and bake pizza place, and was patiently waiting for my delicious supreme pizza. All of the sudden, this large bald man enters and I had a painful flashback to my job:

Large Bald Man (LBM):
    Pizza lady (PL):
    Me: self-explainatory

LBM: HELLO!?
    PL: Hi, what can I get for you tonight?
    LBM: Maybe some PIZZA? You guys do serve pizza, right?
    PL: Um, yes. What kind would you like?
    LBM: You do take out, right?
    PL: Yes, we do.
    LBM: *looking around, obviously missing the part on the menu that says "TAKE AND BAKE"* Where are your ovens?
    PL: We don't bake any of our pizzas here. That's why we're a take and bake place.
    LBM: *LOUD SIGH* *THROWS HANDS UP IN AIR* WELL, thanks for NOTHING! *Turns around and leaves angrily*
    Me: What the heck was that?
    PL: Wow, he sure was an ass.

I can't even escape work when I go to purchase tasty pizza. This is so sad.
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

I once encountered a pizza place like this in St. Petersburg, Florida. My son and I went there, at first only seeing that it was a pizza place, but then saw you had to take them home and bake them yourself. They did cook personal pan pizzas for you, however, so we got a few to go and it added up to a regular sized pizza. I actually am one of those who reads all the signs first before asking stupid questions.

Comment

We have a place called Papa Murphy's that does that here. They have a stuffed pizza that is worth dying for, and you can add extra toppings on the cheap. Only about 30 minutes to cook, too.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

That actually sounds like a spiffing idea, no cold pizza by the time you get it home, no burnt crust, sound fantastic.

Although idiot couldn't see that.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

omg i love places that make stuff you can take home and cook, actually the only reason i still use walmart on occassion is the fact the have awesome pizzas you can take and bake.

Comment

ok . .. somewhat new concept for me . . .
            I am familiar with the Pizza you buy in the frozen area of the grocery store . . .we even had a grocery store that for a while would had the crust, sauce, and cheese ready - they then added "fresh" toppings wrapped it up and you took it home to bake.
            But a place where they make the pizza fresh and you take it home to bake . . that is a new one. Sounds like a neat concept . . .just not something I have seen outside the grocery.

Comment

There was a little take and bake pizza shop in the 70's where I used to live and the building was tiny - no way a pizza oven would even fit in there, but never failed about every other time I was there with my Mom someone would come in and say "you mean it is raw!?"
              I'm actually stopping at Papa Murphys on my way home 1hr and 15min to yummy pizza!

Comment

*cries a little* i want take and bake pizza; theres a place in town the does take and bake (it might be papa murphys) of course I'm on extended vacation in md and I don't think theres any around here

Comment

At the other end of the pizza-cooking spectrum... my boss is considering buying a pizza vending machine.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                    At the other end of the pizza-cooking spectrum... my boss is considering buying a pizza vending machine.
                    Pizza... vending machine... *BZZZZT* ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                      http://www.wonderpizza.com.au/

Comment

Ah, you would be amazed at some of the things they're doing to suck coins out of your pocket these days. Especially various food vending machines.

Comment

OOOOoooooOOOOOO! Dude wants!

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                          Ah, you would be amazed at some of the things they're doing to suck coins out of your pocket these days. Especially various food vending machines.
                          Probably not, actually. I was just unable to figure out the mathematics of how to make a pizza in a short enough time, etc. Pre-made frozen pizzas + UltraBake Inferno Oven = Win! though.
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

OOOOoooooOOOOOO! Dude wants!
                            Dude wants? Hell slicey wants and slicey really doesnt like pizza!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              We have a place called Papa Murphy's that does that here. They have a stuffed pizza that is worth dying for, and you can add extra toppings on the cheap. Only about 30 minutes to cook, too.

We have them around here also. The stuff pizza is to die for. Now I want them again.
                              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                              X