Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't tell us to be sucky customers, lady!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    I have that kind of fun when it comes to feminine cream. I just keep it to myself though
    Why does a certain scene from "Me, Myself, and Irene" come to mind?

Somewhat back on topic, I know a lot of stores don't allow their cashiers to enforce the limit. I don't know if mine was one of those or not, but there was this one cashier who had absolutely no reseverations about telling people they had too many items. If it wasn't allowed, she may have been able to get away with it because daytime people were few and far between. Night time people were considered expendable, but daytime people were invaluable.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
      i think that "holding someone's place" in line ended in elementary... apparently it hasn't for her, and i think it's unfair that other ppl get to run around and do whatever they want and then get in front of a busy line just because someone they know was there.
      Actually, I use 'holding someone's place' fairly often - because I have a disability. It's difficult for me to stand. If I'm alone, I ask the people either side of me, nicely, if they'd hold a place for me while I sit in 'that seat over there'. If I'm with a friend, my friend holds the place for me and I sit and wait.

But I do sit and wait, not run around doing whatever-else. It's just physically painful for me to actually stand in the line.

I've got no shame, either - if people aren't willing to hold my place for me, I'll sit right on the floor.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Actually, I use 'holding someone's place' fairly often - because I have a disability. It's difficult for me to stand. If I'm alone, I ask the people either side of me, nicely, if they'd hold a place for me while I sit in 'that seat over there'. If I'm with a friend, my friend holds the place for me and I sit and wait.

But I do sit and wait, not run around doing whatever-else. It's just physically painful for me to actually stand in the line.

I've got no shame, either - if people aren't willing to hold my place for me, I'll sit right on the floor.
        yah, i see no problems with that, and if that were the case then, i probably wouldn't have made a big fuss. but what can one do.. later that day i played this spin the wheel game and the ppl there said they were giving away cowboys/packers tickets (to this weeks game) and i won, then when i went to claim the tickets they're all, "o, we have a 90 minute speil that you need to go through first, no obligation (of course!) and then you can get a trip, but no tickets." said no thanks and walked off.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          Shame...?
          For sitting on the floor?
          Why?
          I do that constantly. Mmm, floor. Carpeted, hardwood, linoleum is less pleasant and usually colder, but once it warms up, it's okay.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
          X