This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshmallow Madness

I am in the local market. One of the markets major design flaws is that they have a rack of marshmallows directly at the corner of the aisles. The rack doesn't hold the marshmallows too well and the slightest bump can send two or three bags tumbling.

The latest offender, a grown woman capable of picking up after herself bumps the rack sending the bags flying. Does she attempt to put them back of at least bring then up to the cashier? Nope she walks by the register and grunts out "I dropped some stuff on the floor" and continued her shopping.

I grabbed the bags and put them back up earning a "Thank you" from the cashier. I end up going down the same aisle that the lady was in. She actually whined to me for picking them up because it "made her look bad"

If she didn't want to look bad maybe she should have attempted to help clean up the mess she made.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
    She actually whined to me for picking them up because it "made her look bad"
    "I didn't make you look bad. You made yourself look bad by being a lazy slob and not cleaning up your mess."

Gosh, don't strain yourself picking up all those heavy marshmallows.
    Last edited by XCashier; 11-18-2007, 07:00 PM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow, that's pathetic.

I once saw a woman at my store knock a glass jar of salsa o the floor while she was in line at the register. I ran to get cleaning supplies and when I came back she was still moving through the line. Withe salsa on her shoes and pants legs.

Yeah, she'd rather walk around with salsa shoes than actually embarrass herself and tell us what happened. If I hadn't seen it happen she would have tracked salsa all over the (carpeted) register area. She didn't even thank me when I offered her paper towels to wipe off her clothes.

Another time I was shopping at the grocery when I saw a lady knock over a big display of angel food cakes. I went over to help her pick them up and lo and behold she stops picking them up herself and stalks away without a word. What the hell? I didn't have a uniform on, and even if I was an employee she could have at least said thanks or apologized or something. I just made an overloud comment about people who won't clean up after themselves.
      Last edited by AnaKhouri; 11-18-2007, 05:16 PM.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I just don't understand how it can be so hard for people to pick up things they drop on the floor, or at least notify an employee if they break something open and it makes a mess. It almost makes you wonder what their houses look like if they can't be bothered to even pick up something as simple as a bag of marshmallows. Heck, my house is a mess and even I pick up after myself if I accidentally knock something off a shelf in the store.
        Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Jeebus that annoys me. One night I ran up tot he grocery store and apparently EVERYONE and their mother decided to do that same. I think it was a (late) Saturday night, so there were only a few cashiers open, causing the 15 items or less line to literally stretch ALLLL the way down one of the aisles. Twas annoying.

Anyways, at the top of the aisle (near the cash register), there's this green goo/liquid spilled on the floor. Now I joined the line when it was half-way down the aisle. Did any one of the 15 or so people who have passed it while waiting in line tell the cashier?

OF COURSE NOT! *rolls eyes*

I just don't understand people...

(And yes, I did inform the cashier. Poor thing was so frazzled).

Comment

I once had someone break a large bottle of fruit-scented dish soap in my lane. I was going to go round and clean it up, but no, she insisted she could do it for me. Meaning, apparently, she didn't feel like waiting for me to pick up the mess because that would delay getting her checked out. Stupid me took her word for it that it was "almost all up!" when in fact there was a large, soapy red puddle of goo on the floor, just waiting for someone to trip in it.

On the other hand, I am thankful to the guy I waited on a few nights ago who apologetically informed me that he had broken some Ragu on the floor.

However . . . I have to dock points from the lady who walked on the wet floor after a bagger had mopped it >< The supervisor on duty had a private fit. Said she would have yelled at someone walking over a mopped floor in her house.
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I once knocked a video game onto the floor at Costco. I put it back on the shelf and an employee nearby thanked me. That's pretty sad, because I would think cleaning up your own messes is something that most people are taught in kindergarten. It should just go without saying.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post

I grabbed the bags and put them back up earning a "Thank you" from the cashier. I end up going down the same aisle that the lady was in. She actually whined to me for picking them up because it "made her look bad"
                "Ma'am, I'm so sorry. I never meant to make you look bad- it was rude and unnecessary of me to do so when you're doing such a fine job of it on your own!"
                My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

I remember at the grocery store doing a "store sweep", meaning taking a giangantic broom up and down every aisle and through all the departments.

I liked to do it backwards, from the dairy to the produce. I was in the toilet paper and soda aisle, and some lady came up to me and said "There's a huge mess in aisle 2" or whatever aisle, I can't remember.

I made it there and there were two broken mayonnaise jars, a peanut butter jar was on the floor 50 feet away from the rest of the jars.

The next aisle over, I heard some shrieking kids running up and down the aisle, and sure enough, when I got there, they were onto the next aisle, and several bags of bagged cereal were on the floor.

I made it to the next aisle before they could finish with the baking aisle. The little brats were trying to knock bags of flour and sugar on to the floor, but being so little and not so smart, they couldn't figure out why the heavy bags of flour and sugar weren't toppling over and falling as easy as the bagged cereal.

I cleared my throat and the little brats scattered like two criminals running from th cops.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

While everyone had their own aisles to work, it was not uncommon to get recruited to help out in other aisles, and one day I was asked to stock some milk. I loaded up a cart and brought it out onto the floor, when I got called away for some reason.

When I got back, half of them were off the cart and on the floor (none broken, thankfully!), and two of my coworkers were loading them back onto the cart for me. They told me they saw some woman bump into the cart as she went past, knocking almost off the containers off it, and then keep walking like nothing happened.

I hate people.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      <snip> I made it to the next aisle before they could finish with the baking aisle. The little brats were trying to knock bags of flour and sugar on to the floor, but being so little and not so smart, they couldn't figure out why the heavy bags of flour and sugar weren't toppling over and falling as easy as the bagged cereal. <snip>
                      I saw something like that. A group of high schoolers got a shopping cart at 10 pm, put one of the girls in the cart, and proceeded to run up the aisle with her arm out.

Luckily, they only did the TP aisle, and the manager on duty made them clean it up, but still...

Why would you want to hang out in a grocery store?
                      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Working...
                      X